How stable is the Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How stable is the Media Player

I have downloaded the test version. First time it played my BD-folders from external hd:s fine. No problem. Good picture and sound. But then the player suddenly doesn't work. The picture is like slow, slow motion and there is no sound. I have my lap top (HP) connected to plasma and receiver via HDMI and I think I have all the settings right.
    My question now is: is the pay version more stable?
    It would be nice to have this virutal media player instead of my physical media player (Xtreamer Pro), where the HD-sound often drops.

Molok

Please use the latest version1.0.2.7 and try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by geilee View Post
      Please use the latest version1.0.2.7 and try it again.
      I triied the latest version. But I have the same problem. I also followed the HD audio thread and tried the different steps suggested by Potti. But no luck.

Molok

Comment

Originally posted by Molok View Post
        I triied the latest version. But I have the same problem. I also followed the HD audio thread and tried the different steps suggested by Potti. But no luck.

Molok
        What make and model of computer do you have. And what GPU type does it have?
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Blue Screen Of Death

I still get the BCOD with v1027. Soon as I click PLAY I get BSOD. I don't know what was the last good version I had.

Fujitsu AH572 3D Notebook

JohnnyJT

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyJT View Post
            I still get the BCOD with v1027. Soon as I click PLAY I get BSOD. I don't know what was the last good version I had.

Fujitsu AH572 3D Notebook

JohnnyJT
            Please go to the DVDFab Media Player installation directory and go to userdata folder and open guisettings.xml , then change the value of the usedxva2 to true.Try it again.
            Hope to be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
              What make and model of computer do you have. And what GPU type does it have?
              HP Pavilion dv8, intel core i5 540 M/2.53 GHz, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M.

Thanks,
              Molok

Comment

Originally posted by geilee View Post
                Please go to the DVDFab Media Player installation directory and go to userdata folder and open guisettings.xml , then change the value of the usedxva2 to true.Try it again.
                Hope to be useful to you

Molok you Da Man... Works Perfectly now.
                Now when will the player play 3D

Thank You

JohnnyJT

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyJT View Post
                  Molok you Da Man... Works Perfectly now.
                  Now when will the player play 3D

Thank You

JohnnyJT
                  I allready had the setting True in that folder, so that didn't helped.
                  The only audio output that works for me is analog with speaker conf. 2.0. But I have a 7.1 sound system (Onkyo SR607) and have à hdmi-connection from my plasma (Pioneer 50 ") to the receiver. When having the audio output set to hdmi and speaker conf. set to 7.1 the picture is stuttering and there is no sound.
                  Any other suggestions?

Molok

Comment

Same problem with the latest version released yesterday.

Molok

Comment

But I have a 7.1 sound system (Onkyo SR607) and have à hdmi-connection from my plasma (Pioneer 50 ") to the receiver.
                      Instead of connecting from your PC to your display and then from your display to your receiver.

Try directly connecting from your PC to your receiver. And then from your receiver to your display!
                      I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Instead of connecting from your PC to your display and then from your display to your receiver.

Try directly connecting from your PC to your receiver. And then from your receiver to your display!
                        Now I also tried that connection, but I'm sorry to say that the problem remains. The only way for me to get the media player to play without stuttering picture and no sound is the default set up. That is analog and 2.0 speaker configuration.
                        I would like this media player to work with my 7.1-system via the hdmi-set up.

Thank's for your patience.
                        Molok

Comment

Well...

Provided your PC has supporting hardware and has been set-up correctly. Directly connecting from your PC to your receiver. And then from your receiver to your display, is the only reliable method of decoding HD audio as a bit-stream

EDIT: That said, I don't think you are ever going to get what you want to work because I don't believe that an nVidia GT230 (Series 200) GPU is able to pass HD audio as a bit-stream. I think it's capable of passing 7.1Ch as an LPCM audio stream only...
                          Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 10-28-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Well...

Provided your PC has supporting hardware and has been set-up correctly. Directly connecting from your PC to your receiver. And then from your receiver to your display, is the only reliable method of decoding HD audio as a bit-stream

EDIT: That said, I don't think you are ever going to get what you want to work because I don't believe that an nVidia GT230 (Series 200) GPU is able to pass HD audio as a bit-stream. I think it's capable of passing 7.1Ch as an LPCM audio stream only...
                            I will stick to the hdmi-connection you suggested. Unfortunatly I think you have a point here; my PC is not capable to decode HD audio as bit-stream. Do you think à PC with Intel core i7 would do the trick?

Molok

Comment

Do you think à PC with Intel core i7 would do the trick?
                              It depends on the make and model of the GPU, not the CPU...

Comment

Working...
                              X