Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v1.0.2.8 - Menus and Such

This is for v1.0.2.8.

The Avengers menuing is working now, it just looks weird (and ugly). There's a weird, posterized blue rounded rectangle around things. It's like 8-bit color on the selector picture. I haven't tried using it in my standalone Blu-Ray player, as that is currently not hooked up to anything. So, maybe the menus are supposed to look that way. If so, that would be a bit of a surprise, as they really are ugly.

I found a pop-out little controller. If I go all the way over to the middle of the right-hand side, the controller will pop out. This will let me select Title Menu and Pop Menu (not sure what that is?). It also lets me move around the screen, and click on OK. Sometime, though, that controller isn't available. I am unable to determine what causes it to become unavailable. Also, while nice, it doesn't (in my mind, at least) replace having a root menu option on the right-click menu.

While playing League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I found some interesting anomalies. I clicked on menu items, and would see the menu for about 0.25 seconds, and then the screen would go all black. I eventually discovered that there were little yellow markers for the menu items, but they were shifted way up the screen and to the left. This happened on a lot of menus. One menu, as an example, was Deleted Scenes. Another menu was trying to select a specific scene. I was unable to do so, because the screen was black. I ended up randomly clicking on one, and then chapter skipped back to where I wanted to be.

I played The Avengers. I was able to use full menus. I went to the round circle dot to the left of the play menu. I don't know if that is a hidden menu? It's weird looking, whatever it is. I clicked on it. It took me to the dossier of Captain America. But, it wasn't supposed to. It was supposed to take me to a list of dossiers of the Avengers. Nick Fury's dossier is marked as Classified. I got the dossier menu controller super-imposed on the Captain America dossier. When I somehow got to the dossier menu, the menu system quit working. So, I had a menu controller on a dossier, but no menu controller on the actual menu. And, I got the dossier when I should have gotten the menu.

In regards to the Play->Pause issue I mentioned in an earlier post: I was able to click on Play on the menus and have them work. I think I tried it on three different DVD's.

As mentioned elsewhere, I played a Blu-Ray 3D disk, but did not get any 3D.

Please let me know if this doesn't make sense. I will try to clarify.
Working...
X