*Sigh* More Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Sigh* More Crashing

I will admit that I am a bit frustrated right now. OK, so my daughter checked out some Fairies DVD movie from the library. It's a too-cute-by-half ballet dance movie (or something). For little girls. It plays the ads fine, and then tries to go to the menu. And then DVDFab crashes. Windows (Win7 x64 SP1) pops up a little message box asking if we want to end the program and search for a solution online, or just end the program.

If, while the ads are playing, I can manage to finagle that little control thingy out from the right side (probability of success: about 60%), then I can click on Top Menu, and go to ... a black screen! With a little fairy wand selector icon! I have no idea what I am selecting! I can't see anything else! It's a black screen!

I watched the DVD version of Bulletproof Monk Sat. night. It was a Netflix disk, and it had a little pit in it. I didn't see the pit when I put the disk in. 1hr 5min in, the video froze, DVDFab went to a black screen, and that was that. I restarted the disk, went to the menu, selected the scene again, and tried again. This time DVDFab crashed. I tried several times, in different ways. Most of the time (maybe almost all of the time), DVDFab crashed. The rest of the time, it just went to a black screen. I tried going to the next chapter, and then backing up; I tried fast-forwarding through it; I tried several different combinations to try to see as much as possible, without crashing. Once it hit that spot, DVDFab just gave up. It either crashed, or went to the black screen. There was nothing graceful at all about how it handled the situation. It could have tried to ignore the stream until it was valid again, or tried to skip through it until valid data reappeared, or played what it could, and ignored the rest, or whatever. Any of those possibilities would be better than a black screen or crashing!
Working...
X