DVDFAB Player crashes after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB Player crashes after upgrade

I just upgraded to version V1.0.3.4 using windows 8 64 bit machine and can no longer play movies. Program keeps crashing. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck.

All these issues with Win8 is reinforcing my negative opinion of it. I have used it on the Surface tablet, a laptop, and a Pro tablet. I have also developed to the Wind RT app dev stack. I don't really care for it.

Try using a better OS, like, oh, I dunno. Win7, Win XP, Win2k, Win98SE, OS/2 Warp, Win3.11, DOS 5, CP/M...

Funny how MS's OS releases seem to be one good, one bad, one good, one bad, repeat. Notice I didn't include Win Vista or Win ME in the list. They're not good, either.

There's a reason WinXP is still around. And Vista isn't.

Regardless, good luck with your Windows 8. In all sincerity, I think you are going to need it. I've been in computers since the 80286 and DOS 3.3 were big news. Win 8 has the smell of a turkey to me.

Comment

Hmmm...

After reading mccaffreyb post I updated to v1.0.3.4 on my Win8 (32-bit) laptop. So far I've managed to play several test files in various formats and containers without crashes, along with 80 minutes of Avatar (in .MKV).

So far so good...
      I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Working...
      X