Bitstreaming capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitstreaming capabilities

Is Fab media player capable of bit streaming from an MKV or would I need to play BD ISO?

What do you actually mean by bitstreaming? Can you give a few more details please?

If you mean playing, YES!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I mean bitstreaming audio DTSMA etc. From something I read on the web it is capable but I'm not sure if that is only on ISO. Long story short I bought a Macbook for travelling and have put a Windows partition on mainly just for FAB. I am looking to hook it up via HDMI to my entertainment system. Apparently the installed nvidia grapics card is capable of bitstreaming so the only link I need is a software media player capable of the same.
      Oh and before you spin out about apple crap and media players I already have a dune media player and wired network with 4TB 2 bay NAS that works fine. No reason really to get the laptop going other than its a challenge

Comment

I couldn't really say in this scenario but I suspect it would.

It's free for file playback so nothing to loose.

Apparently my intense dislike for iThingys has been noticed!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yeah that's about what I thought too. Just thought someone may have had first hand experience with it. Always had an aversion to ithingys myself but liked the specs on the Macbook. With the Windows partition it pretty well covers everything I need. The FAB for mac trial was a bit of a shocker hence the partition.

Thanks Wiz

Comment

Hi, Garry E
            Please read this post, may be useful for you.Link as below:

Comment

Thank you geilee. That was exactly the information I was after and it looks as though it should work for me. I will know in a day or so.

Comment

Working...
              X