Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command Line Parameters

Any available command line parameters?

I can use MediaBrowser to play a Blu-Ray ISO movie by configuring DVDFab's MediaPlayer as an external player and the movie plays fine, but when I stop the movie it stays in MediaPlayer, for which then I need to use a keyboard to exit the program. I'd prefer that MediaPlayer automatically exit the program when the movie is stopped. Is this possible?

Thanx!

Nothing huh? Guess I'll figure something else out.

Comment

Originally posted by AzDragonLord View Post
      Nothing huh? Guess I'll figure something else out.
      I have asked this same question before, and never received any reply. I don't think they have them yet. If they do, they are not publicizing them.

Comment

Originally posted by AzDragonLord View Post
        Any available command line parameters?

I can use MediaBrowser to play a Blu-Ray ISO movie by configuring DVDFab's MediaPlayer as an external player and the movie plays fine...
        Not sure why, but the same blu-ray ISO no longer plays correctly in MediaPlayer. It's like it is moving at 1 frame/second. Nothing on the computer changed recently. The ISO movie is stored on a DAS device, so I copied the ISO to a local SATA drive (with 64k clusters) and that made no difference. Regular movies (AVI) stored on the same DAS play with no issues at all.

I surrender.

Comment

Audio settings not set to hdmi or optical by chance?

Audio settings not set to hdmi or optical by chance? I have latest video card drivers for ati 7970 and latest sound drivers for creative labs sound blaster pro and even with the sound card set as default in windows sounds it still won't play sound and is slow unless I change the audio settings in dvdfab mediaplayer back to analog 2.0 sound. I have even tried straight hdmi to tv and still setting hdmi I get slow motion. Strange part is that analog 2.0 sends sound out and I hear it no matter what I set as default either hdmi or the sound card. These are digital devices and normally they go out the spdif side of things digitaly. Even though spdif is optical it still considered a digital output by a great many sound drivers and cards. ATI has their own sound on many of the newer cards and can output surround sound or stereo to tv or receiver. I have a receiver as well but makes no difference.

To get the full surround sound I had to go analog in on the back of my receiver and run and octopus set of audio cables from my sound card to the back of my receiver to get full surround sound. It's analog but at least it is surround and not in slow motion.

If this is not your case then I have no idea what you might have wrong. Just sharing with you what my situation has been like just in case it helps.

Comment

Just realized that something did indeed change.....the OS. I recently moved my mediaPC from XP to Win7 x64. The hardware is the same, but I will need to try different drivers for my GeForce GT430 I guess.

I knew this movie worked fine in the past, but I guess I forgot how far back into the past that was....geez!

Comment

V1.0.3.5 Has HDMI Problem

Originally posted by joeg01 View Post
              Audio settings not set to hdmi or optical by chance? I have latest video card drivers for ati 7970 and latest sound drivers for creative labs sound blaster pro and even with the sound card set as default in windows sounds it still won't play sound and is slow unless I change the audio settings in dvdfab mediaplayer back to analog 2.0 sound. I have even tried straight hdmi to tv and still setting hdmi I get slow motion. Strange part is that analog 2.0 sends sound out and I hear it no matter what I set as default either hdmi or the sound card.
              Try v1.0.3.3. For some reason, v1.0.3.4 and v1.0.3.5 has trouble with HDMI. This was not a problem with any of the earlier versions.

Comment

AzDragonLord how did you fill in the path for dvdfab media player in media browser

for mymovies

I added the info below to file C:\ProgramData\My Movies\FileStorage\User Customization\ExternalPlayers.xml

<ExternalPlayers>
                <ExternalPlayer Name="DVDFabMediaPlayer" DisplayName="DvdFab Media Player">
                <DVDFileStructure>True</DVDFileStructure>
                <BluRayFileStructure>True</BluRayFileStructure>
                <HDDVDFileStructure>True</HDDVDFileStructure>
                <RecordedTV>True</RecordedTV>
                <Files>True</Files>

<ProcessName>DVDFabMediaPlayer.exe</ProcessName>

<Parameters>smb:"[PATH]"</Parameters>

<Location StartupDelay="5">
                <Path>c:\program files (x86)\dvdfab media player\DVDFabMediaPlayer.exe</Path> <!-- The Path of the player -->
                </Location>
                </ExternalPlayer>
                </ExternalPlayers>

Comment

Working...
                X