Using the Media Player on plane or away from internet access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the Media Player on plane or away from internet access

I am unable to play movies on the Media Player away from an internet source such as on a plane or a location without internet access.

If I do not have access I get the error that states there isn't a connection and the player fails.

Shouldn't we be able to watch our movies wherever we might be?

Copy Protection

Originally posted by Vegemeister View Post
    I am unable to play movies on the Media Player away from an internet source such as on a plane or a location without internet access.

If I do not have access I get the error that states there isn't a connection and the player fails.

Shouldn't we be able to watch our movies wherever we might be?
    It's the copy protection/user authentication. The player "phones home" every time you open it. If it can't connect, it doesn't play disks. It should play files from the hard drive, though (doesn't mean it will...).

Comment

Originally posted by fisch050 View Post
      It's the copy protection/user authentication. The player "phones home" every time you open it. If it can't connect, it doesn't play disks. It should play files from the hard drive, though (doesn't mean it will...).
      It does NOT play from the hard drive without Internet access. This is crap! Lots of times I want to play a movie on my laptop while travelling and it refuses to go. Please fix!!!

Comment

Yes it does, I just tested by disconnecting from the net and it plays everything I tried from the HDD.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          Yes it does, I just tested by disconnecting from the net and it plays everything I tried from the HDD.
          When I try to run on PC with Internet disconnected I get 2 popup windows:

Header: Scanning media info
          Text: Player is accessing the server, please wait a second...

Header: Error
          Text: No internet access or other unknown network error

Clearly the Internet IS needed.

I'm using version 1.0.3.5

Comment

This is the point where you either put up your dukes or disengage, good luck...

Albert Einstein

Comment

1.0.3.5 Does not play without internet access

I have tried it multiple times, re-registering etc. but when I want to play a backup it wont because it is not on-line.

Unless you're using it strictly for home theater it is pretty useless.

Now I have to buy yet another player so I can view my backups on planes and away from internet sources which really sucks.

I haven't read all of the caveats about the player so it might state someplace that playing your files without a connection isn't possible but I would have assumed it would have as it is a media player.

Comment

Vegemeister the media player will not play a DVD without an internet connection but if you'll make an mkv or other file and save it to the hard drive it will play it, or even just copy the DVD to the hard drive and it will play it without an Internet connection. I've even played mkv files off a USB thumb drive without an Internet connection.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X