dts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dts

having a problem with the new version with dts sound trac. dts is my preferred audio if it is on the disk but the new version will not play it. i dont have a surround sound at the moment my HTPC is connected to my tv with hdmi. it will play dd with no problem . the older versions played the files with no problem. i can also play the files with vlc and xmbc with no problem.Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	318747 this is the audio settings that i am using and i have tried other setting also any help will be appreciated .

So there is no confusion i am talking about files that i have on the hard drive not my original disks.
    Last edited by csbond2; 08-23-2013, 08:17 PM.

If it is playing with no sound try unchecking all below under settings
    Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver
    DTS capable receiver
    and TrueHD//DTS-HD capable receiver
    Last edited by atomg; 08-23-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Have tried it still does not work.

Comment

Must be having am old fart moment tried unchecking the boxes again and it's working. thank u for your help.

Comment

Don't thank me, thank ying. Thank you ying.

Comment

If you are directly connecting to a TV via HDMI, is there any particular reason why you did not us the 'DirectSound' Output Device option?

I've just tried it with my Panasonic TV... It works fine
            I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
            I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

As it was explained to me all those check boxes are for a Receiver to do the decoding. If these options are checked the software does not decode the audio steam. If your TV is directly connected via HDMI cable, and any of these options are checked your TV would be expected to decode audio steam you checked.
              Last edited by atomg; 08-24-2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

That's way too complicated for the average person to set-up...

The HDMI connection protocol has provisions in place for the output device (ie: DVDFab Media Player) and the input device (ie: TV or Digital Surround Sound amplifier) to communicate with each other automatically in order to determine whether a bit-stream or a PCM stream should be sent to the input device!

The end user does not have to manually select any audio formats.
                I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

You’ll get no argument from me. I just communicated the solution that I was given.

Comment

Working...
                  X