Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Track not Honored

Hi,

I did a search and did not see this issue posted (although my may have missed it).

The basic issue is when I play a ripped Blu-ray iso, if I set default Audio and Subtitle tracks, Fab Media Player just plays the first track.

For example, I just ripped IP Man with English and Chinese audio and 2 English subtitles. I set the Chinese audio as the default and the second English subtitle as the default. When played with Fab Media Player it plays the English audio and the first Subtitle instead.

for informational purposes, I'm Using DVDFab to rip the main movie and I'm defaulting the tracks I want via the little triangle next to the track name in the drop down list (not sure how else to describe that). I think this is an issue with the player and not DVDFab as Total Media Theater (3 & 5) seems to work as expected.

Cheers!

It's weird cause it seems to be inconsinstent. I have ripped with two audio and sub streams and flagged the each second one as default. VLC plays audio 2 and sub 2 but DVDFab Media Player plays audio 2 and sub 1.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
    MultiShrink
    : DVD Shrink batch processing
    Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

I'm seeing the same behaviour on MI:Ghost Protocol where the English subtitles for the bits in Russian are in their own stream (the second English stream on the UK disc if I recall). I set this as the default stream in DVDFab but the Fab player ignores the setting and doesn't display any subtitles by default.

v2.2.0.0

Comment

OK - have done some more investigation.

I just made a backup copy of the UK BD version of Troll Hunter and have the same problem.

Using DVDFab 9.1.1.5 I copied in Main Movie mode as follows:

For audio:
        • Selected both Norwegian (track 1) and English (track 2).
        • Set English as the Default (activated little arrow next to it in DVDFab interface)

For subtitles:
        • Selected both Full English subs (track 1) and English Translation (i.e. forced) subs (track 3)
        • Set the English Translation subs as the default (little arrow next to it in interface)

The English Translation subs include the translation of the on-screen Norwegian text at the very start of the film and I think a few other bits.

Main Movie copy process completed successfully.

Loaded up BD Folder in DVDFab Media Player 2.2.0.0 and it starts with the correct English audio (track 2 set as default), but the subtitles are off completely - no English Translation of the Norwegian text during the opening screens unless I manually turn on the sub track (track 3 on the BD which ends up as track 2 on the rip since track 2 on the BD was not included in the rip)

Playing in VLC yields the sames results. Correct audio track but no subs.

I decided to check the copy in DVDFab, so I loaded up the BD folder of the copy and sure enough while the English audio was shown as selected as the default, none of the subtitle tracks were showing as default.

Thinking maybe I made an error I did it all again. Exact same result.

So it appears that the issue (at least in this specific case) is not with DVDFab Media Player but with DVDFab 2.2.0.0 not correctly marking the subtitle track that the user has set as default in the interface as 'default' during the copying process.

I checked my BD copy of MI:Ghost Protocol and it is the exact same issue. I mark a subtitle track as the default during ripping, but DVDFab doesn't actually honor that setting during the ripping process.

I'm guessing I should cross-post this in the appropriate sub-forum for the DVDFab BD Copy.

Comment

I think it is more a problem of the sub track not being marked as "Forced".
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Possibly in his case but my subs weren't forced and Fab Player still ignored the default flag.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
            MultiShrink
            : DVD Shrink batch processing
            Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Working...
            X