Incorrect Install on Windows XP PRO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect Install on Windows XP PRO?

Hello,I am having problems installing this media player 2 on Windows XP PRO? It installs fine,but when done,I go into settings,and under file associations there is this long black thin rectangular line through all of them in the file association list.? All boxes blacked out.? I have never seen this before.I have tried previous versions also.Same thing.I have tried to contact support,It's been almost a week now and no response.Does anyone out there have any Idea how I can fix this? Driving me crazy.Any help,or Idea's much Appreciated.Thankyou.
    Last edited by lordgalla; 01-30-2014, 11:05 PM.

Hello,I also noticed a red i in the add and remove programs next to the DVDFab Media Player 2 Icon,when I went to uninstall it?

Comment

Originally posted by lordgalla View Post
      I have tried to contact support,It's been almost a week now and no response.
      Hi lordgalla
      DVD Fab staff is celebrating their Chinese New Year and will hopefully be back in about a week.
      Have you tried he latest 2.2.3.0 beta here http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download..._PLAYER_2_BETA

CBR929
      Last edited by CBR929; 02-01-2014, 01:48 AM.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi CBR929,Thankyou for replying.I'm going crazy trying to get this media player working on XP PRO SP3,Just tried the beta version 2.2.3.0.Still the same thing.All file Associations in the settings tab are blacked out? no little square boxes to check,just a long black line covering them all.I have never seen this before.Always something new.The player picture is perfect,The sound is horrible? Everything is ok in windows media player including the sound.Has to have something to do with these file association's being blacked out? Any other Idea's? Should I uninstall it and start over again? Thanks for any help you can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by lordgalla View Post
          Should I uninstall it and start over again?
          That would probably be an option.
          Use the media player uninstaller to uninstall it. Then run a registry cleaner like CCleaner found here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ under advanced options check the old prefetch option, run it until nothing is found.
          Then right click the DVD Fab media player installer, select run as administrator to install.
          Let us know how you make out.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hello;CBR929. Still no change at all,Ran CCleaner,and ran the exe as admin.and installed ver.2.2.3.0 Installed ok,Picture is ok,Sound all scratchy,horrible.Go to settings,and once again all file association boxes blacked out,with that horrible black strip all the way down,no boxes visible at all,and no check marks to check or uncheck.Older Machine but should work ok right?

just so you know,this machine is a:
            Athlon 64 4400+ 939 Dual Core San Diego CPU
            Gigabyte K8NSC-939 Motherboard
            2 Gig Dual channel Ram
            500GB WD Sata Hard Drive
            Sapphire X1950 Pro AGP 512MB Video
            Creative Labs X-FI Extreme Gamer PCI Sound Card
            LG-GH22LP20 Multi DVD BLU-RAY Burner
            Windows XP PRO SP3

Comment

Hi lordgalla
              I've tried to reproduce this but, I can not. It may be an XP problem, that is just a guess though.
              Sorry I could not be of more help
              CBR929

Comment

I guess there's a reason for everything.Tech support sent me a email that said,Install version 2.2.2.0 and that was it.So I did that to,and still the same.Like you said maybe a Xp Problem.Thankyou for your help anyway.
                lordgalla

Comment

Hi,lordgalla
                  Thanks your feedback, i repro this issue, we'll fix it ASAP.

Comment

Screenshot of the settings file associations problem

Hi Everyone;Just thought I would put a screenshot of the actual black out of the file associations in settings,I don't know whats going on here,but here it is.Installs fine,video is fine,but sound is all messed up on all files I play.Everything plays great with windows media player 11,sound and video.Man whats going on here? Tech support email me,and wants a screenshot,and the log file,and for some reason I can't reply to the email,bounces right back to me.How do you send them a screenshot,if you can't reply to the email? really frustrated now.Anyone have any help on all this?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah. update your Windows & hardware otherwise you are going to continually suffer this as more software developers drop support for XP and your drivers become useless.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by geilee View Post
                        Hi,lordgalla
                        Thanks your feedback, i repro this issue, we'll fix it ASAP.
                        Thankyou geilee,screenshot is in my last post,there's that and messed up sound in all files,video is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          Yeah. update your Windows & hardware otherwise you are going to continually suffer this as more software developers drop support for XP and your drivers become useless.
                          I here ya,this is my oldest computer.Oldest but still going for now anyway.Thanks

Comment

hi lordgalla, it's a bug, that can reproduce here, im fixing.
                            resigned

Comment

Working...
                            X