Sound Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Issues

When I look at my audio settings, I see everything twice. Two WASAPI and two - whatever the other one is. I use WASAPI, as it produces better sound (full digital streaming). However, the one that works is sometimes the top one, and sometimes the bottom one. If it were consistently the top or consistently the bottom, it would be easier. I think this is caused by the fact that I have an HDMI connection to my receiver. For some reason, this seems to cause problems.

Another player I use (when I have to) does not have this problem. The sound just works. That said, t does not produce a bitstream. It uses PCM.

With the movie "Planes" (DVD version), the sound rarely works, and I have to use the other player. More on planes in another post.

That's odd...

After reading what you reported I installed 2.4.1.0 and connected via the HDMI to surround sound amplifier. I can confirm that I'm not seeing this 'double' line behaviour...

With regard to the two 'Output Device' sound options. Option 1 is 'Direct Sound' and Option 2 is 'WASAPI' (Windows Audio Session API). The WASAPI option is the only one that provides Dolby Digital and DTS 'bit-stream' selectivity via HDMI.

I agree, it's all still a bit confusing. As the HDMI connection protocol is able to work out what type of device is connected and make the necessary adjustments automatically.

For example. When my surround sound amplifier is connected via HDMI. DVDFab Media Player 2 reports this: -

And when my TV is connected via HDMI. DVDFab Media Player 2 reports this: -

The development is nearly there...
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Thanks for the response! Reading it was helpful in confirming a suspicion of mine - I think Windows is the reason my sound devices show up twice. I am not sure what to do about it, but reading that your sound devices only show up once makes me pretty certain that FabMP is not the source of the problem. It is merely reflecting a Windows audio problem on the PC.

I will have to see if I can figure out the issue. It seems that, for some reason, Windows is showing my receiver (connected via HDMI) twice. Anyone have any ideas for resolving such an issue?

I am using an AMD/ATI card. I notice that you are using NVidia. Maybe there is a difference in their drivers? Hmmmm...

Comment

Working...
      X