Planes DVD Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planes DVD Issues

For reasons unclear to me, Fab MP seems to have a lot of issues with the DVD of the Disney movie "Planes." It starts off asking me to select my language. I select English. Then it gives a Disney magic kingdom intro, with the castle and the fireworks. About 20% of the time, it has sound. Then it goes to Disney Fast Play. 100% of the time, that fails. I cannot click on anything. 20% of the time, it has sound.

If I try to go to the top menu, it takes me back to the language selector.

If I try to skip the previews, it goes back to the language selector. I have had precisely one time where the DVD actually played for me. That's somewhere around 6%-8% of the time. Literally. One time in over a dozen attempts the movie has actually gotten to the menu, had sound, and allowed me to play it. This is not a good track record.

On another media player I have, the movie works fine, every single time. Allow me to repeat that. Planes works just fine on a different player. Every. Single. Time. On Fab MP, it has worked about 6% of the time.

My wife and kids are nearing open revolt over Fab MP.

I have issues with Planes too, simple mode plays the magic castle in an endless loop and menu mode won't get past the previews, keeps looping back to language selection. Most Disney movies require simple mode but this one is a booger! As a work-a-round I ripped it to the HDD as movie only using the DVD9 size for no compression and it works famously.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Interesting that the rip works fine, but the disc doesn't. Since this is a NetFlix disc I am trying to play, I am not willing to rip it, so unfortunately that avenue is not available to me. If that weren't the case, I would give it try.

Comment

The other player is your best bet on this one until the Fab team can fix it. I can't play it from the disc either.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X