Linux version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux version?

Is a linux version of DVDFab media player coming? If so do you know when it will be released?

Linux has no software that can play back bluray menus. Only vlc with hacked aacs file can play back some blurays and that file isn't updated often.

I'm sure you could sell quite a lot of copies of this program to linux users.

Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
    Is a linux version of DVDFab media player coming? If so do you know when it will be released?

Linux has no software that can play back bluray menus. Only vlc with hacked aacs file can play back some blurays and that file isn't updated often.

I'm sure you could sell quite a lot of copies of this program to linux users.
    Linux users are NOT know for PAYING for software. They seem to think eveything should be free for them to use.

Anyhow-you could try XBMC-which is basically what the DVDFab Media Player is.

Comment

Originally posted by qz3fwd View Post
      Anyhow-you could try XBMC-which is basically what the DVDFab Media Player is.
      DVDFab Media Player does support but Official XBMC does not support:
      1) Protected BD and DVD discs;
      2) BD-J menu;
      3) Blu-ray 3D in 3D-mode.

Comment

Originally posted by probep View Post
        DVDFab Media Player does support but Official XBMC does not support:
        1) Protected BD and DVD discs;
        2) BD-J menu;
        3) Blu-ray 3D in 3D-mode.
        this is precisely why i want a linux version of dvdfab media player because xbmc and vlc cannot play encrypted discs and menus.

Many linux users would happily pay for software, they pay more for games on humble bundle game bundle that windows users and mac users.

Comment

Working...
        X