More Disney Disk Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Disney Disk Issues

I purchased a Disney double disk - The Absent Minded Professor and Son of Flubber (it comes as one movie per disk, two disks total). When I put the disk for The Absent Minded Professor in the drive, and told Fab MP to play it, it could not. The first thing that comes up is a blue FBI warning screen. It would show that for about 0.5 seconds, and then blip to a black screen for about 2 seconds, and then show the FBI screen for about 0.5 seconds, and then repeat the process.

I attempted to access the Top Menu, but it just kept playing the FBI screen infinite loop. It just kept playing the FBI screen infinite loop. It just kept playing the FBI screen infinite loop. It just kept playing the FBI screen infinite loop. It just kept playing the FBI screen infinite loop. It just kept playing the FBI screen infinite loop.

I then played two other disks that were non-Disney: Lord of War and Miss Congeniality. I didn't like Lord of War, so I only watched it about halfway, but what I watched played fine. Miss Congeniality played fine all the way through.

This seems to be something that Disney is doing to its disks that is messing up Fab MP. I have not had a chance to rip the two Disney disks, so I cannot comment on whether or not the rip will play better. Judging from 90312's post (here), it seems ripping the DVD's solves whatever nasty black technology magic Disney is using to mess up disk playback.

edit: added link to post

Just to be clear I ripped full disc to the HDD and had the same problems with the menus on Planes. I had to copy the main movie to the HDD to avoid issues. Other Disney releases seem to work fine in simple mode.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Not Just Disney

This is not just Disney. I tried to play two disks yesterday, and neither one worked. They went to the root menu, and began looping. I like that DVD Fab MP skips all the annoying warnings, etc. However, when it means I can't watch the movie, I think I would prefer to have the annoying warnings back.

Comment

Working...
      X