Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video size issues changing from windowed to fullscreen

Hi.
    I've run across a strange issue in the most recent version with VOB playback.

When I play a VOB file directly from the VIDEO_TS folder of a DVD HDD copy (using the Open Files option in DVD Fab Media Player) the VOB initially loads and renders fine in a Fab Media Player window.

Hitting F11 switches to full screen, but the video actually appears cropped and massively zoomed so only about the top-left 1/6th of the video frame is shown fullscreen. However the zoom level is still set at 1:1.

Interestingly, reducing the zoom when in full screen to 1:2 again only crops the already cropped/zoomed portion so you end up with even less area of the video frame displayed.

Adding /fullscreen to the Fab Media Player shortcut so it opens full screen initially and then loading VOBs exhibits the same effect. Things go back to normal when hitting F11 to go to windowed mode again.

VOBs were ripped with various version of DVDFab over the years and play fine in VLC and WMP both in a window and full screen.

If I load the VIDEO_TS.IFO file then everything is okay and switching to fullscreen works as expected, but that is essentially the same as loading the DVD disc folder. The problem only occurs when VOB loading files directly.

Interestingly, when taking snapshots via Fab Media Player the frames appear correctly (at least when they don't come out completely black - which is another issue). So in order to illustrate the problem I had to use PrtScn and Alt-PrtScn to do the caps!

Windowed, FullScreen, FullScreen 50% zoom views attached.

Kez
    Attached Files

Hi there,I had the same problem.All I did was uninstall it from the uninstall programs,in the control panel,and then I installed version 2.2.4.0 and it worked fine.Then I unchecked check for updates in the settings on the program after I installed it.Hope it works for you.

Comment

Oh,1 more thing,the settings in DvdFab Media Player,under video,mine where all Cuda,I changed the H264 one to Software,and it works fine.This is the only fix I could find.Hope the Developer See's this.Good Luck.

Comment

Good finding.

Thanks for your feedback.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work, but I can confirm that changing the hardware acceleration settings to software decoding for MPEG-2 fixed the problem.

Now why didn't I try that sooner?

Does that mean it's a Fab Media Player bug in how CUDA acceleration is handled, or that it's an NVidia driver issue?

Cheers
          Kez

Comment

Originally posted by Kez View Post
            Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work, but I can confirm that changing the hardware acceleration settings to software decoding for MPEG-2 fixed the problem.

Now why didn't I try that sooner?

Does that mean it's a Fab Media Player bug in how CUDA acceleration is handled, or that it's an NVidia driver issue?

Cheers
            Kez
            No Idea why it's like this.I don't have the answer.I would like to see it all back to cuda in a future update though.Plays ok for now anyway.

Comment

It should be a bug of Fab player.

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                It should be a bug of Fab player.

Wilson
                Hi,Do you think it will be fixed in a future update? So all setting's can go back to cuda,in the video settings? Thankyou.

Comment

Working...
                X