Retina support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retina support?

I am currently testing various Mac-compatible Blu-ray players. DVDFab seems to work offline and have menu support whereas Macgo's Blu-ray Player needs to fetch the keys from the internet and does not support menus (or have very limited menu support).

I do have a problem with DVDFab Media Player. While the changelog for version 2.0.0.9 states that there is now support for Retina displays, that does not seem to be true. I am using a Macbook Pro 13" Retina with Mac OS X 10.8.5. I have upgraded DVDFab to version 2.0.1.0. Still no Retina support :-(

The video is pixelated, due to no Retina support, which mean that the video is down scaled to half the screen resolution and then OS X scales it up. True retina support will up scale the video. The user interface does not seem to have retina support either.

I have done some screenshots where I compare DVDFab Media Player with Macgo Blu-ray Player. Note that Macgo has Retina support for the video display, but the user interface is still pixelated. DVDFab has no Retina support at all, despite it should have according to the change log.

DVDFab Media Player vs Macgo Blu-ray Player

Screenshot of DVDFab Media Player:

Original Image

Screenshot of Macgo Blu-ray Player:

Original Image

So, how come the change log says Retina support when this is not true?

I want to buy DVDFab Media Player as soon as this issue is fixed.

Thanks in advance :-)

I can't be the only one with this problem? The change log says "Retina support" but it is not working for me.

I asked this question two days ago. I do not expect the bug to be fixed this quickly, but at least a DVDFab programmer could answer my question and tell me if this issue is being worked on or not.

Comment

Retina support

We have to find the cause, we will fix as soon as possible.

Comment

Very sorry for late reply.

We have begun to fix retina support problem as soon as you feedback,
        and "the user interface displays" has been fixed now, but "the video is pixelated" is still in repair process. We will try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Thank you for your attention.

Comment

Thank you very much :-)

Comment

Working...
          X