Audio disc support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio disc support

Is there any change of adding audio disc support to Media Player? I am interesting is seeing support CD, HDCD, SACD and DVD-A discs.

Originally posted by uVSthem View Post
    Is there any change of adding audio disc support to Media Player? I am interesting is seeing support CD, HDCD, SACD and DVD-A discs.
    With regard to SACD. Providing access to the DSD layer of an SACD disc can't be supported. As the 'red' laser in your DVD/Blu-ray drive can't be configured to access the DSD layer of the disc, and even if the layer could be accessed the data/audio stream is heavily encrypted.

With regard to DVD-A. The situation might/could be different. As the mpl data/audio stream on the disc can be accessed. And it's encryption has been hacked. That said, it may not be commercially viable for DVDFab to add support for (what is now) a dead format
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Could SACD support work if it was loaded as a disc image off the hard drive?

What about CDDA and HDCDs? Do you think it's not support for the same reason a DVD-A?

Comment

Could SACD support work if it was loaded as a disc image off the hard drive?
        I doubt it. Because support for DSD decoding and PCM transcoding would have to be added. Which is no simple task to implement.

What about CDDA and HDCDs? Do you think it's not support for the same reason a DVD-A?
        Given that playback of audio CD's is supported by other software media players, there's no reason I can think of why support could not be added to DVDFab Media Player at some time...
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

I wish it can be added.
          then dvdfab media player can be a called 'universal' flexible media player available and be albe to compete with other players.

Comment

Agreed... Adding support for audio CD playback would be a worthy feature

Comment

Working...
            X