No TrueHD/DTS-HD through receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No TrueHD/DTS-HD through receiver

In Settings > Audio I have set Output to HDMI and WASAPI, Speaker to 5.1 and I have checked the box for TrueHD/DTS-HD capable receiver ( because my receiver can decode TrueHD and DTS-HD).
    Nevertheless, when I play a blu-ray with DTS-HD the decoding is apparently done by DVDFab Media Player because I see PCM on my receiver's display and not DTS-HD.
    Am I doing something wrong ?
    Btw, I also tried DirectSound for Output Device but then I cannot check TrueHD/DTS-HD capable receiver and the output is still PCM then.

Hi,Ton
    Please check all of three options and try again.

Comment

What's the specification of your computer?

Sufficed to say, not all video/audio chip-sets are able to pass HD audio as a bit-stream via HDMI...
      I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by geilee View Post
        Hi,Ton
        Please check all of three options and try again.
        Thanks, that did it. It works now.

I still have one issue though: When I open "Information", often I don't see the actual audio track mentioned. For instance, when I play the True-HD track (and see True-HD on my receiver now), I see LPCM or AC3 in the Information window. Could this be a bug ?

Comment

What audio streams does your movie actually contain?
          I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
          I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

It is not only with one but with various movies and what I mentioned above was just an example.
            What I meant was that the movie plays fine now with the selected audio track. I see, e.g., TrueHD on my receiver's display. But when I have the Information window open on top of the picture I often see another audio track mentioned there. And when I change the audio track, it plays fine again, but again often it is not correctly mentioned under Information.

Comment

Here's how you can help us....

Step 1: Find an example of a media file which you're having issues with?

Step 2: Run the example media file through an application called MediaInfo (set to text mode). And post what it reports, IN FULL as a text (.txt) file?

Step 3: Confirm what DVDFab Media Player 2 reports about the same example file under 'Information'?

Cheers

Comment

Here is an example: Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa Live From Amsterdam, a blu-ray that I play from a folder on my hdd. In the menu I can choose PCM Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS-HD MA 5.1.
                Each track plays fine, that is my receiver reports and plays the correct audio track. But Information reports only correct for PCM. With DD 5.1 however I see (also) PCM and with DTS-HD I see AC3.
                I have attached the MediaInfo txt file which I made from the main movie's (biggest) .m2ts file.
                To summarize: DVDFab Media Player plays my BD's fine now but does not report the correct audio track in Information. Of course it is not a big deal, but I wonder what the cause is.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ton View Post
                  Thanks, that did it. It works now.

I still have one issue though: When I open "Information", often I don't see the actual audio track mentioned. For instance, when I play the True-HD track (and see True-HD on my receiver now), I see LPCM or AC3 in the Information window. Could this be a bug ?
                  Yes,it's a known issue,we'll check it ASAP.

Comment

According to Ton's MediaInfo file report, he was playing an .m2ts file.

Personally I have not had any issues with any of my Matroska (.mkv) samples. Some of which contain multiple audio formats types...

Comment

I must confirm that. Under Win 8.1 no HD-Audio-Passthrough with Fab-Mediaplayer though using WASAPI.

Is there a chance that the Player will Support 3DISOs soon?
                      Sony Bravia KDL-40EX725BAEP, Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2 Netzwerk AV-Receiver , Onkyo SKS HT 528 5.1 Lautsprechersystem, Mede8ter 600X3D, Sony PS3 Slim & PS4, Eweat EW902, CloudnetGo CR13, Vidon.me Bluray Box

Comment

I can't get mine to work using latest version of Fab media player using WASAPI windows 7 I-7
                        Quick sync is set for all video settings and see screen shot for audio settings. Movie has DTS 5.1 sound.

Only works without WASAPI given PCM sound to the receiver.

Playing same movie with my outboard media player box the Sony receiver will decode and light up the DTS Master light in the 7.1 Sony receiver so why doesn't the software Fab media player do so?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Joe747; 11-02-2014, 03:14 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

First things first...

For all those people who are unable to pass an HD audio bit-stream via HDMI from their computers to their surround sound amplifiers. Please confirm if you have ever been able to do this, using any software media player?

Don't expect that the inclusion of an HDMI port on your computer automatically means your computers video/audio card also supports HD audio bit-stream pass-through!

Personally for me. HD audio pass-through is working okay for both Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-MA. With 5.1 and 7.1 channel audio. And .MKV, .M2TS and .ISO containers

Comment

Yes, I can confirm that under OpenElec 4.2.1 HD-Audiopassthrough in no problem with the same system.
                            Sony Bravia KDL-40EX725BAEP, Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2 Netzwerk AV-Receiver , Onkyo SKS HT 528 5.1 Lautsprechersystem, Mede8ter 600X3D, Sony PS3 Slim & PS4, Eweat EW902, CloudnetGo CR13, Vidon.me Bluray Box

Comment

[QUOTE=SeeMoreDigital;

For all those people who are unable to pass an HD audio bit-stream via HDMI [B]from their computers to their surround sound amplifiers[/B]. Please confirm if you have ever been able to do this, using any software media player?

I don't know of another software player that doe's WASAPI do you?
                              I have power dvd 11 and VLC also.

How can you tell if it's supported on the intel graphics 4000 with QS on the motherboard? can't find anything on the spec. sheet for passing WASPI for the computer MSI I7-3770cpu@3.40GHz windows 7 64 bit
                              I know the receiver does it fine with my outboard media box player.
                              You would think a $915 dollar computer could do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X