Windows Media Center and DVDFab Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Media Center and DVDFab Media Player

Has anyone been able to get DVDFab Media Player (Pro version) to open when BD images are selected within Windows 7 Windows Media Center? According to release notes way back in version 1.0.3.5, there should be "support to DVDFab media player integrate with Windows Media Center". the player integrates well with Media Browser 3, but I have never been able to get it to run when selecting a BD image from "Movies" inside WMC. Instead, WMC displays the message "To play this DVD, you must first install a playback application that supports Blu-ray Disc". Just updated to 2.4.3.7 with no change in this. I assume there are some registry values that must be edited. Anyone know?

Hi,
    This function has been removed.

Comment

Re: Windows Media Center and DVDFab Media Player

Removed due to functional issues, or legal?

Comment

DVDFab Media Player for Windows Media Center

Originally posted by SHibbard View Post
        Removed due to functional issues, or legal?
        Hi, SHibbard

Thanks for your feedback!

DVDFab Media Player for Windows Media Center on our todo list, since DVDFab Media Player 2 and DVDFab Media Player 1 uses different technical architecture, so will take some time to achieve. Please be patient.

Thanks again !

Comment

Thanks. Good to know it will be available someday!

Comment

Any guess as to a timeframe?

Even a rough one - like "it is halfway down the list" would be nice...

The lack of this feature is basically preventing me from using the media play at all. I did contribute and purchase this right at the beginning knowing that I wouldn't be able to use it for a while and I wanted to encourage its development but without this feature it is useless to me.

Thanks.

Comment

Has there been any progress on this? I have grown frustrated with Arcsoft TMT6 and have been a loyal DVDFab user forever. I would love to take advantage of their media player, but not being able to play via WMC is a deal breaker as every computer has Windows 8.1 Media Center.

Thanks,
              Dan

Comment

I'm with you. Now that Total Media Center has been discontinued (and was the only player that worked seamlessly inside Microsoft Media Center), seems to me that DVDFab could make some happy users if they get on the stick. Can't see the point of spending $100 for another player when Media Player Classic Home Cinema works great for playing anything, and it's free+open source.

I've used Ceton for 3 years with, unfortunately, Comcast. Someday...

Comment

Has anyone installed the new DVDFab Media Player version to see if it works inside WMC? Hopefully they added it back in this new build!!!!

Comment

nope

Comment

Working...
                    X