Still no TrueHD audio stream support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no TrueHD audio stream support?

Back on I think it was 2.4.3.6 I posted a thread (http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=25754) indicating I was unable to playback any titles with a TrueHD audio stream. More specifically, after anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes of playback, the video will freeze and the audio will cease. Seeking will resume video, but audio is gone until playback is stopped and then restarted (or until another audio stream is selected if the title has one). In the other thread it was said developers were working on it, and the release notes said that in 2.4.3.7 the issue was resolved, but in fact the issue continued in that and every following version up to and including 2.4.4.1.

Recently I've been purchasing a lot of titles which annoyingly only have a TrueHD stream. My only workaround is to rip the title to my hard drive and convert the THD stream to AC3. I would much prefer to play the title with the original HD audio stream without having to copy it first.

I just want to let someone know that this is still an ongoing issue, it was not fixed in 2.4.3.7 as indicated in release notes.

Please refer to the following topic: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=25690
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
      Please refer to the following topic: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=25690
      That's a different issue, not what I'm talking about. My issue has nothing to do with the receiver I'm playing it through. DVDFab Media Player itself freezes after ~10 minutes of playback on any title with TrueHD audio track. It basically acts similar to as if it had Cinavia, but it does this with all THD titles with or without Cinavia and it freezes the playback entirely, not just muting the audio like Cinavia does. If the title has other audio tracks (including DTS/DTS-HD), using any other tracks results in interrupted playback; it's only playing back TrueHD audio tracks that freezes.

Comment

How are you accessing your files. Via a USB connected HDD or via a WiFi/hard-wired ethernet connection?

What type of 'contained' files are you having problems playing: Blu-ray.ISO file, .M2TS file or .MKV file?
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Update: I'm unable to replicate your issue using v2.4.4.1...

I'm in the process of playing Blade Runner (VC-1 video with TrueHD audio) in .MKV via a hard-wired ethernet connection from my NAS. I'm over 20 minutes in and still going without any problems...

Comment

Hi singemfrc,

After further testing I think I've discovered and can replicate the issue!

When the 'Video' -> 'Hardware Acceleration' option is set 'CUDA' the video playback eventually becomes unstable and freezes, quickly followed by the audio.

When the 'Video' -> 'Hardware Acceleration' option is set 'Software' video and audio playback is stable...

EDIT: When the 'Video' -> 'Hardware Acceleration' option is set 'DXVA' I see no video at all, via my nVidia GeForce GT555M
            Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 11-22-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X