No announcement yet.

divx playback jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I downloaded the Shark Tales preview, had a little judder, put it through converter and made an MKV out of it, no judder.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi.
      Could it be that mediaplayer has problems with "Packed bitstream".?
      I tried "shark tales preview" too and judder.
      Ran it through MPEG4modifier removed packed bitstream,and video is smooth.
      The videos i have tried with Packed bitstream seems to,be the same,and removing packed bitstream seems to solve it.
      Regards Hasse

Comment

the build in preview media player from dvd fab has no probs playing these files
        so i hope this little prob can be "easily" fixed

without this problem the dvdfab media player pro is one of the best players
        - plays old mpg files which vlc cannot play at all
        - palys old wmv files without probs where mpc hc cannot seek them.
        - can open .iso packed dvds
        - can override user operation prohibition (for e.g. directly start of movies)
        - can show preview pictures of movies
        - plays commercial blu rays (for free atm )

if dvdfab media player pro will become/stay freeware
        and with a bit more advertising
        it can become number 1 replacing powerdvd and windvd

and many people from vlc and mpc hc may switch to dvdfab media player

Comment

I still had the downloaded Shark tales preview in the download folder so I tried it with "Movies &TV" the native W10 player and Nero Media Home and the file plays fine as downloaded. Something to do with these two players.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

hi

i want to ask if there are some news about a fix for the the packed bitstream problem

( may be a new beta with a fix to test ? )

Comment

Originally posted by otto4711 View Post
              hi

i want to ask if there are some news about a fix for the the packed bitstream problem

( may be a new beta with a fix to test ? )
              In all seriousness it will be quicker for you (or anybody else) to simply run any Divx.avi files that include 'packed bitstream' through MPEG4Modifier rather than have the DVDFab developers provide support for an terrible MPEG-4 ASP implementation created by Divx!
              I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
              I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

some xvid files use p.b. too

another option would be to simply use another player like mpc hc for these files

but the build in media player from dvd fab can play these files without problems.
                and it seems that both players share the same base
                so i guess the effort to fix it in fab media player pro should be "relatively" small.

Comment

Hi.
                  They will have to fix it,as dvdfabs own converter seems also to be using "packed bitstream" when making *.avi with divx/xvid codecs.
                  Not a great selling point,to ask people to use another player for those files.
                  But i would not expect it to be corrected for quite some time,so as SeeMoreDigital wrote better run mpeg4modifier on avi-files and remove "packed bitstream",for the time being.

Regards Hasse

Comment

Originally posted by hasse View Post
                    Hi.
                    They will have to fix it,as dvdfabs own converter seems also to be using "packed bitstream" when making *.avi with divx/xvid codecs.
                    Really... The use of 'packed bitstream' is unnecessary nowadays, even when generating MPEG-4 ASP video streams with multiple b-frames placed within the .avi container!

That being said, I think it's pretty pointless for DVDFab to offer people an option to generate encodes to the .avi container anyway. It's such an outdated container and needs to be confined to history bin, not kept alive!

Cheers
                    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

so after some weeks i want to ask if there is a fix planned

Comment

Originally posted by otto4711 View Post
                        so after some weeks i want to ask if there is a fix planned
                        I seriously doubt it. Indeed such a patch might break something else

As mentioned before, run any Divx.avi files that include 'packed bitstream' through MPEG4Modifier. Job done!

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
                          I seriously doubt it. Indeed such a patch might break something else

like i said before
                          the build in media player from dvd fab can play these files without probs (but as normal media player its not very user friendly)
                          so a fix shouldn't be to hard to implement.

seems both players use the same core
                          just the gui and the divx/xvid decoder is different
                          (may be a bit outdated in media player pro)

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
                          As mentioned before, run any Divx.avi files that include 'packed bitstream' through MPEG4Modifier. Job done!
                          yep but doing this for all files i have will take some time
                          and may be this will cause other probs with the files
                          i guess its easier to use another player
                          but mpc hc for e.g. cannot play .iso packed dvds properly
                          and vlc has some other probs too

fab media player would be the perfect player for me
                          if it would not have this pb bug.
                          and i want only one player not dozens of players

its still a bit surprising that the player has this prob
                          only old dvd players from last century had this prob

hope a dev will look into this thread and will think about a fix
                          (cannot be too hard to fix)

edit:btw it seems another bug has been fixed in 2.5.0.5
                          the player does no longer crash randomly on exit and opens feedback window

removing packed bitstream through MPEG4Modifier worked
                          and the new file is even smaller (about 0,5mb with a 700mb file)
                          just wonder if removing pb will have any (negative) effect on the video
                          Last edited by otto4711; 10-17-2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X