Audio garbled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio garbled

I'm playing a few mp4 files, and the audio becomes garbled if I skip ahead. They sound fine if I just let the video play through. The problem does not go away if I pause the video. If I press Stop, and then Play, the sound is okay but the picture is gone and I have to force quit.

I've played the same files using another media player on my Mac, and they play perfectly. The latest Fab player on Windows 7 has no problem with the files either.

I am running Yosemite 10.10.5 on a Mac Mini (late 2012) with 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 and 16GB of memory. Video is Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB.

Okay, I've played around with it a bit further.

The sound is corrected if I go into preferences and alter the audio output mode. I've got it set to analog for now, but I only have to tap on the option whenever the audio goes out.

Same thing goes for using the remote. I tap on the audio track and the audio straightens out.

The sound will go out again, but at least I've got a workaround.

Oddly enough, I tried an mov file and it worked fine. An mp4 version of the same file played fine as well.

All of these videos are 48.0 KHz, 2 channels, AAC (LC). The videos that give me trouble are around 100 Kbps, around 30 minutes in length. The ones that play fine are closer to 2 hours. Bitrate varies from 118 to 384 kbps

Comment

Working...
    X