Can't play back 5.1 audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't play back 5.1 audio

I tried original Blu-ray, ripped BD, copied DVD, all of them having 5.1 sound track, however, through fab player 2, I can only hear two channel from my speakers.

I am using windows 10, audio playback setup on windows has no problem, it can distinguish my 5.1 speakers.

Other players like window Movie and TV, windows media player have no problem play back same file as 5.1.

The audio settings in fab players are
    Output mode: analog
    Output device: directsound: speakers (realtek high defnition audio)
    Speaker: 5.1
    other options are grayout and unchecked.

^^ is this the correct output type? Or are you using optical or HDMI?

Comment

Originally posted by Flagg99 View Post

^^ is this the correct output type? Or are you using optical or HDMI?
      I have the same problem as the OP. Optical connection to the receiver, but only Analog can be selected and it is only stereo.

Comment

It looks like this is still an issue in v3.0, at least for me on a test box. Can anyone else who had this problem confirm?

This is a major issue because it means audio can only be played properly in stereo (if you try to use the analog - 5.1 setting while connected via SP/DIF, you have partial audio cutouts).

Comment

I have the same Problem FuzzyPeach. With the 2.5.0.5. in WASAPI mode optical output. My home work in 5.1/DTS perfectly. But with 3.0 version in Wasapi mode in optical i have no sound. Then until the next version I have reinstall the 2.5.0.5

Comment

Working...
          X