Does not open region coded Blu-rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does not open region coded Blu-rays

DVDFab Media Player (Pro) 3 does not open region coded Blu-rays anymore, the region code detection is defective,

Fab Player is set to region B, and discs region B: but you can't play the [original] discs, all you get is an error, see picture.

Eg The Hateful Eight, or Ali.

The discs work fine with the 2.5 version.
    Attached Files

I tried B region disc, it can be playable correct.
    I open region B&C disc, the region code detection is defective. it is seems the same issue with you.
    We will fixed it, wait for the latest version .
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Region-coded Blu-ray Discs

Some BD also check the BD country code. This means for example, although USA and Japan are both in Region A, some US discs cannot be played in Japan and vice versa, since the two countries have different country codes (Japan has 19024, the United States has 21843, and Canada has 17217 [all values here are given in the DECIMAL system]). Here is my more detailed thread about the topic:

So if you fix the BD-Region-code recognition anyway, could you please add a country-code option to the Player and to Passkey? Or at least an option "Force US BD-Country-Code," because it is chiefly US discs that have this protection?

Thank you in advance and many greetings,

Mediafox

Comment

Region B disc in Region B!

Network's new Blu-ray of Gerry Anderson's Invasion: UFO won't play from the menu system on the disk. It just displays a warning that says the disc will only play in Region B.

I am in Region B (UK). The setting in DVDFab Media Player 3.0.0. is also set to Region B.

There's clearly something not right with the way it's interpreting things! Other software players, e.g. PowerDVD 13 plays the disc fine.

Comment

Eg The Hateful Eight, or Ali.
          Or Enragés (2015 Rabid Dogs remake).

All three Blu-rays work again with v3.0.0.1.

Comment

Working...
          X