X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loud dvd playback

hi

i noticed that dvd playback is very loud with fab media player
    the player spins the dvd drive at a high speed and during the movie it stays that way.

mpc hc and vlc will immediatley limit the drive speed when playing a dvd to 1 or 2x speed
    playing the movie completely silent
    even seeking movies will not increase noise with mpc hc and vlc

i tested several dvd drives all behave the same
    its NOT a dvd drive problem, its the way dvd fab reads the dvd

I tested this with a dvd:
    With a dvd it went to fast speed during start for maybe 3 seconds maybe to fill a read ahead buffer then slowed down so you could not here it the drive is a LG external about 30 inches from my ears.I heard it load the buffer again some mins. into the movie at high speed for 2 seconds then back to slow speed.
    I didn't test with a blu ray.Using read ahead buffers is a good thing as any bad spots,scratches or defects can be skipped over during playback.I believe all players use these.Dvd used was Mars attacks.Try it with a different dvd maybe it was it not the drives.

Also noticed other programs the blu light seeking info. from the disk was on a lot with the other programs with Fab the seek info. from disk was off and on almost = in time so theirs differences but it doesn't stay running at full speed like you say in my tests.
    Last edited by 3dman; 05-10-2017, 03:45 AM. Reason: Added last line

Comment

Working...
    X