Have install problem with old laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have install problem with old laptop

Have install problem with old vista laptop installing Fab media player says it's having the same problem that was fixed in 3.1.0.1 no logs as it didn't install.
    The problem that MSVCR120.dll is missing during the startup process.

In desktop the install said can't install because fab media player is running it wasn't running checked resource monitor, restarted computer and then it worked.

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
    Have install problem with old vista laptop installing Fab media player says it's having the same problem that was fixed in 3.1.0.1 no logs as it didn't install.
    The problem that MSVCR120.dll is missing during the startup process.

In desktop the install said can't install because fab media player is running it wasn't running checked resource monitor, restarted computer and then it worked.
    What do you use with player before installing? Playing the Blu-ray? The FabPlayer process does not quit normally.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I didn't use the player today on the laptop and I played a side by side mkv 3d on the main desktop computer earlier in the day.Their was no CPU being used in device monitor when the player was not used.The older version loads fine on the laptop version 3.
      Last edited by 3dman; 06-30-2017, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Wilson:In the laptop I used the updater in the program itself today and the program installed but could not run

.A fab message came up and said could not find file d3d11.dll reinstalling the program may work.

The last 2 media player versions say this but version 3001 runs fine on the laptop.So this should not be The problem that MSVCR120.dll is missing during the startup process.Seems a different file remember this is a windows vista laptop no Microsoft support anymore.Hope this helps.

Comment

I had a problem installing this new update. For some reason MoveFile wouldn't let me continue the installation. The only option to continue was to Ignore it, which didn't install the file correctly. Any fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Doo View Post
            I had a problem installing this new update. For some reason MoveFile wouldn't let me continue the installation. The only option to continue was to Ignore it, which didn't install the file correctly. Any fix?
            Did you also use the live update of fab player itself?

Wilson
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson:Not using the built in updater the program won't install at all on the laptop in my case the updater of the older version that works 3001 installs the new update but can't run because of missing file d3d11.dll
              version 3001 will run fine the next 2 updates after it will not install.
              Last edited by 3dman; 07-03-2017, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                Wilson:Not using the built in updater the program won't install at all on the laptop in my case the updater of the older version that works 3001 installs the new update but can't run because of missing file d3d11.dll
                version 3001 will run fine the next 2 updates after it will not install.
                Hi,

What's your Windows system?

You may need to install the Windows update if you are using an old system.

Thanks!

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson:windows vista 32 bit the windows updater for it don't work anymore if i need a file I need to manual update it I don't see any 32 bit files on that link I don't know what link to download.Funny it works fine for the media player version 3001.
                  I also have service pack 2 installed for vista and all files until they stop servicing it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X