Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab Media Player v3.2.0.0 for windows is out (November 03, 2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From DVDFab Staff DVDFab Media Player v3.2.0.0 for windows is out (November 03, 2017)

DVDFab Media Player v3.2.0.0 for windows is out (November 03, 2017)

New: Improved the support for the playback of Ultra HD Blu-rays ISO files and folders.
    New: Added the support to play back the Ultra HD Blu-ray sources in HDR mode (a NVIADIA video card of Pascal/Geforce GTX 10 series or above, and an HDR compatible display monitor are required).
    Fix: A crash problem when starting up the media player in certain cases.

DVDFab Media Player:
    MD5: 3FC8A20E073221DA44263F0904FA4BFF
    SHA1: 31CC78AF680F28E86FE0908F957FCA0825C0740E
    CRC32: 5413EE5F
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 11-03-2017, 09:49 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Hi DVDFab team,

v3.2.0.0 is claimed to support HDR and I don't have the opportunity to properly try it yet, but some users on Reddit who did report the following:

"So looking for a better alternative to PowerDVD due to the DRM requirements. I went ahead and tried this, firstly... it didn't automatically use any hardware decoding for audio/video. So I had to turn that on. Secondly, HDR is enabled in the app settings and set to Auto (not HDR to SDR). But I don't believe it's true HDR. Using other HDR capable software such as PowerDVD/Movies & TV/MediaPC with madVR and actual Blu-ray Players, the whites in DVDFab are overblown. At first glance it appears the colors are OK. But it's not right, you don't even need to enable the HDR feature in the Creators update which allows every other application to output HDR that HDR has worked in thusfar.

Also DVDFab doesn't appear to be doing any exclusivity for display output which typically is required for HDR. As well as DVDFab doesn't appear to be doing any refresh rate change on full screen. The TV is still reporting 60p instead of 24p.

GTX 1070."

Is this true? DvdFab does not output true HDR?

Comment

Working...
    X