Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v3201 Real UHD?

Hi DVDFab team,

I posted this several times but haven't got the answer. Please reply.

v3.2.0.0 is claimed to support HDR and I don't have the opportunity to properly try it yet, but some users on Reddit who did report the following:

"So looking for a better alternative to PowerDVD due to the DRM requirements. I went ahead and tried this, firstly... it didn't automatically use any hardware decoding for audio/video. So I had to turn that on. Secondly, HDR is enabled in the app settings and set to Auto (not HDR to SDR). But I don't believe it's true HDR. Using other HDR capable software such as PowerDVD/Movies & TV/MediaPC with madVR and actual Blu-ray Players, the whites in DVDFab are overblown. At first glance it appears the colors are OK. But it's not right, you don't even need to enable the HDR feature in the Creators update which allows every other application to output HDR that HDR has worked in thusfar.

Also DVDFab doesn't appear to be doing any exclusivity for display output which typically is required for HDR. As well as DVDFab doesn't appear to be doing any refresh rate change on full screen. The TV is still reporting 60p instead of 24p.

GTX 1070."

Is this true? DvdFab does not output true HDR?
Working...
X