Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stranger Things Blu-rays, weird problems

Version: 3.2.0.1

Stranger Things is two Blu-ray discs, when I put in either disc, the graphic on the menu says it's disc 2 (regardless of which it is). To further complicate the issue, if I tell it to play any episode (1-8), it tells me to insert the correct disc... So, if I insert disc one, the menu says it's disc 2... If I then ask it to play episode 1, it tells me to insert disc 1 (which is already inserted). If I tell it to play episode 8, it tells me to insert disc 2 (even though the menu says this is disc 2). If I then put in disc 2, the same thing happens. On disc 2, it says disc 2 on the menu, but if I ask it to play an episode from disc 2 (4-8), it tells me to insert disc 2... If I select an episode in the range 1-4, it asks me to insert disc 1. If I do, it still won't play.

I've tried the discs, and my ISOs. I've tried enabling and disabling all the options I could think of (resume playback, skip fbi warning, jump to menu, etc), and there's been no change. I should also mention that I tried playing on a standalone Blu-ray player, and it worked just fine. (though I've read that Xbox owners are having issues)

One odd thing, though, on the standalone Blu-ray player, each time you insert a disc, you have to watch previews, they can't be skipped. When using DVDFab Media Player, it always shows the FBI warning, then goes directly to the menu. Not sure if this is causing the problem, but, a little help?

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
    LeRoy3rd

P.S. If I can be of any assistance tracing this down, let me know.

Posting the internal log might help. Instructions below.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Posting the internal log might help. Instructions below.
      I figured it out, deleted the old file, then loaded up the ISO (full disc, made in DVDFab Ripper), and tried to load episode one. Log attached.

-LeRoy3rd
      Attached Files
      Last edited by LeRoy3rd; 11-28-2017, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Note: I figured out where to find the log, NOT how to fix the problem...

Comment

That doesn't appear to be the correct log, follow the directions at the bottom of my post. If you don't see the link close the thread and reopen it.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Apparently, the links in your sig won't show up in Chrome... Opened in Edge (shudder). Unfortunately, the instructions are for DVDFab (ripper, etc), NOT for Media Player... I went to the folder that stores the logs for media player, deleted them ALL, then restarted Media Player. Unsurprisingly, the only log regenerated was the one I posted... Could you be more specific on which log you want for MEDIA PLAYER, and where it's located?

-LeRoy3rd
            Attached Files

Comment

After waiting for a response, I figured I'd try deleting all the log files for DVDFab on the off chance that Media Player created logs in the DVDFab folder. After deleting the logs, I opened Media Player and disc 1 for Stranger Things (Blu-Ray). No luck. :'-(( Still the only log created is the player.log that I uploaded earlier. If there's something else you need, let me know, this is driving me nuts! :-)

-LeRoy3rd

Comment

Working...
              X