Cannot open files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot open files

I can play all of my iso files on version v5.0.0.1 and they work just fine. I just updated to v5.0.0.2 this afternoon and I cannot open any of my iso's. They look like they want to start, but immediately revert to the opening add menu. I am using windows 10 pro on a i3 7th gen nuc computer. I uninstalled v5.0.0.2 and reinstalled v5.0.0.1 and all iso's work again. Any ideas of how to get v5.0.0.2 to work properly? Thanks, JimS
    Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Originally posted by JimS View Post
    I can play all of my iso files on version v5.0.0.1 and they work just fine. I just updated to v5.0.0.2 this afternoon and I cannot open any of my iso's. They look like they want to start, but immediately revert to the opening add menu. I am using windows 10 pro on a i3 7th gen nuc computer. I uninstalled v5.0.0.2 and reinstalled v5.0.0.1 and all iso's work again. Any ideas of how to get v5.0.0.2 to work properly? Thanks, JimS
    Sorry for the trouble, I have reported it to our developer for checking.

Meanwhile, please post all the log files of DVDFab Player 5.

The default location is:
    C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Regards,
    mona

Comment

As a regular user of DVDFab Media Player 3, I was surprised after installing that I cannot open and read most of my ISO files with DVDFab Player 5.0.0.2. It seems that there is a huge regression in this domain between 3.x and 5.x

Comment

Originally posted by Michael3525 View Post
        As a regular user of DVDFab Media Player 3, I was surprised after installing that I cannot open and read most of my ISO files with DVDFab Player 5.0.0.2. It seems that there is a huge regression in this domain between 3.x and 5.x
        Please post the log file from DVDFab Player 5 log folder.

Also, did you load the iso file directly, or mount with virtual drive first?

Regards,
        mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Regards,
          mona
          I opened the ISO files (for DVD or Blu-ray created with DVDFab 10 or previous versions) directly as I have always done it with DVDFab Media Player 2.x or 3.x. The symptoms are the same as in the first post. Moreover, if I close DVDFab Player 5 afterwards, it is not possible to restart it without a system restart (Windows 10 Home latest version 1709).

Comment

Regards,
            mona
            I opened the ISO files (for DVD or Bluray created with DVDFab 10 or previous versions) directly as I have always done it with DVDFab Media Player 2.x or 3.x. The symptoms are the same as in first post. Moreover, if I close DVDFab Player 5 aftwerwards, It is not possible to restart it without a system restart (Windows 10 Home latest version 1709).

P.S. I don't know what you are doing with your forum post' approval policy... but I have to write my answers or posts at least twice for them to appear in the forum! It is actually a nightmare and I have never seen such filters in any website before.

PS2 to Mona: I cannot send my logfile as I am not authorized to send you a message!
            Last edited by Michael3525; 01-02-2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Regards,
              mona
              I opened the ISO files (for DVD or Bluray created with DVDFab 10 or previous versions) directly as I have always done it with DVDFab Media Player 2.x or 3.x. The symptoms are the same as in first post. Moreover, if I close DVDFab Player 5 aftwerwards, It is not possible to restart it without a system restart (Windows 10 Home latest version 1709).

P.S. I don't know what you are doing with your forum post' approval policy... but I have to write my answers or posts at least twice for them to appear in the forum! It is actually a nightmare and I have never seen such filters in any website before.

Comment

You do not have to post twice! Your posts go into an approval queue, just be patient when approved it will be posted. Double posting is a forum rules violation.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  You do not have to post twice! Your posts go into an approval queue, just be patient when approved it will be posted. Double posting is a forum rules violation.
                  I understand that you want to avoid bots to post on your forums, but it is actually a nightmare for legitimate users. I cannot report to Mona or write to you. I cannot even access to my own profile! Therefore you should review your post policy and access permissions to forum users.
                  I am used to technical forums and I have never seen such restrictions. If it is way a to discourage any bug report, just write it in your forums and better close your forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael3525 View Post

I opened the ISO files (for DVD or Blu-ray created with DVDFab 10 or previous versions) directly as I have always done it with DVDFab Media Player 2.x or 3.x. The symptoms are the same as in the first post. Moreover, if I close DVDFab Player 5 afterwards, it is not possible to restart it without a system restart (Windows 10 Home latest version 1709).
                    Hello Michael,

We want to remote check your PC about this problem. If it is okay, please contact me via DVDFab online help at http://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm
                    I've also sent you PM with other detail, please kindly check, thank you.

Regards,
                    mona

Comment

Working...
                    X