X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mona
    replied
    Originally posted by pippo View Post
    Hi, there are news for the support HDR on AMD RX Polaris Graphics Cards?
    Thanks.
    Hardware Environment

Video cards that support HDR contents playback

From Intel: Intel® UHD Graphics 620 or above (Integrated in Intel® Core™ Generation 8 and part of Generation 7 CPUs).

From NVidia: GeForce GTX 900 series, GTX 1000 series or above.

From AMD: RX450 or above.

Display Port: HDMI2.0a or DP1.3

for more detail, please check the Tech Specs tab on the product page: https://www.dvdfab.cn/media-player.h...ckID=headmenu2

Regards,
    Mona

Leave a comment:

• pippo
    replied
    Hi, there are news for the support HDR on AMD RX Polaris Graphics Cards?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• pippo
    replied
    Thanks Mona, HDR on HD 630 the problem was the drivers not updated, after update works perfectly, lifetime license purchased, I also hope for the polaris in the future.
    Thanks for the support.

Leave a comment:

• Mona
    replied
    Originally posted by pippo View Post
    Hi, there is some possibility to be enabled HDR on AMD RX Polaris graphics cards, or HD 630 intel graphics with Windows 10 1709 in the future?
    Thank you very much for your work.
    HDR on HD 630 intel graphics with Windows 10 1709 is supported. The monitor needs to connect to "HD 630 intel graphics", and it needs to support HDR too.

We are working on this "HDR on AMD RX Polaris graphics cards".

Regards,
    Mona

Leave a comment:

• pippo
    replied
    Hi, there is some possibility to be enabled HDR on AMD RX Polaris graphics cards, or HD 630 intel graphics with Windows 10 1709 in the future?
    Thank you very much for your work.

Leave a comment:

• gorba8.9
    replied
    Post a screenshot of your NVIDIA Control Panel -> Change Resolution section.

Leave a comment:

• gorba8.9
    replied
    Sorry, my fault, I was meaning the NVIDIA Control Panel -> Change Resolution section.

Where do you switch on HDR in your Windows version from 2016?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Nice Monkey
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_18694.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	349752Click image for larger version  Name:	Windows display settings..PNG Views:	1 Size:	20.7 KB ID:	349754
    As requested

I am running W10 PRO-64bit 1607 strange enough as the PC is Dual Boot my backup system running W10 Home-32-bit upgraded just fine to 1709.
    Last edited by Nice Monkey; 02-16-2018, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gorba8.9
    replied
    Originally posted by Nice Monkey View Post
    Can you play a UHD with HDR movie on that UHD OLED TV?
    Yes.

No not really my PC runs nice and smooth for all what I do with it. Just the W10 upgrade for it remains stuck. Also have another tower PC with only native Microsoft software on it having the same problem.
    Other software problems are DVDFab Player 5 only related and as far as I know should be reproducible. No i am not the average customer accepting flaws and yes a bit demanding on the quality side. Seen the total investment needed to run DVDFab Player 5 on a suitable PC platform top quality may be expected in my view.
    Post the screenshots of your NVIDIA Control Panel -> Adjust Desktop Color Settings, and Windows 10 Settings -> Display.

Leave a comment:

• Nice Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by gorba8.9 View Post
    You are writing a lot, and you seem to have a lot of problems, with your hardware and your software.
    Can you play a UHD with HDR movie on that UHD OLED TV?

No not really my PC runs nice and smooth for all what I do with it. Just the W10 upgrade for it remains stuck. Also have another tower PC with only native Microsoft software on it having the same problem.
    Other software problems are DVDFab Player 5 only related and as far as I know should be reproducible. No i am not the average customer accepting flaws and yes a bit demanding on the quality side. Seen the total investment needed to run DVDFab Player 5 on a suitable PC platform top quality may be expected in my view.
    Last edited by Nice Monkey; 02-16-2018, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gorba8.9
    replied
    You are writing a lot, and you seem to have a lot of problems, with your hardware and your software.

Leave a comment:

• Nice Monkey
    replied
    Tested a number of UHD BD's with and without HDR. Only the ones without HDR do play the others with HDR (almost all) don't. When playing a UHD BD without HDR the CPU will run peak at 20%. Also tried one UHD MKV with HDR which gave the same result (not accelerated).
    So my conclusion HW acceleration for HDR does not kick in despite being reported by the test as supported. All sources tried are original UHD/4K BD 1:1 copies with menus and extras. I do play exclusively from HDD not physical discs (Folders or ISO).

Upgrading W10 (already asked to do) is not that easy as all my efforts result in a revert back once installed. It simply won't start, Also tried using "Windows Update Assistant" for the upgrade; still no luck. Many people have these problems too. I really don't understand why Microsoft does not fix this?

Leave a comment:

• Nice Monkey
    replied
    Strange the (trial period) license moved again to 05-03-2018 which should be fine.
    Will report additional findings and problems in dedicated topics.

I am still not convinced that the HDR HW acceleration in fact also works during actual playback. The first UHD/HDR movies I tried all stutter in an unwatchable way. Did neither see the HDR pop-up on my TV as it should. Dialog about that is still on-topic I believe. Will do some more testing and add the log file next.
    Last edited by Nice Monkey; 02-14-2018, 01:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nice Monkey
    replied
    I am getting now the same results as gorba8.9 which leads me to the following conclusions:
    - The GTX 1050 card is supported and may be taken as the minimum GTX 1000 card level for HDR.
    - In contrary to the other Hardware tests HDR can only validated if also a HDR capable Monitor/TV is attached during that test. I recommend changing the text just above the "Analyse Hardware" button including this.
    - There are several display problems using my TV set at 4K (and 1080p) using the menu and tests (hidden text, text not fitting window, pop-up hidden in background) etc. None are a problem on my VGA screen connected to the motherboard build-in Intel Graphics.

My test period apparently ended without even being able to test anything in real practice:
    - Finding out I needed an extra graphics card and which Graphics card to buy.
    - When the MSI GTX 1050 arrived it appeared to need a not included PSI power-cable despite being advertised as not being needed. Got that one next.
    - The dialog first with the supplier of the Graphics Card not doing what it should and next here on the forum.
    - Needed to buy a new HDMI 2.0a bandwidth capable cable next to hook it up to my TV over a 5 m distance.
    Now I seem to have a working test environment but to software to test with anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Nice Monkey
    replied
    I am waiting for a brand-new HQ 5m long HDMI capable supporting HDMI 2.0a+ as it states (should arrive soon). Will use it to connect to my OLED TV with HDR and redo the test.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X