Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitles position

Hi,

I watch movies on laptop. If a movie is full screen then I set Aspect Ratio so that black bar is there. Version 3, subtitles use to appear on black bar and I liked it. Version 5, subtitles appear on the movie. It would be good, if subtitles appear on the black bar.

Regards

Hello,

Please respond with more info. Thank you in advance.

What movie did you playback? Please specify so that we can find on our side for testing.
    What is the resolution of your laptop?
    What Aspect Ratio did you set in Player 5 and Player 3?

Please post Player 5 log file.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

HI,

I think, it's version 5 behavior that subtitles appear on the movie and not black bars. It would be good if the behavior is like version 3 i.e if there is a black bar then subtitles should appear on the black bar and not on the movie.

Its doesn't matter, movie, songs, programs, events, resolution, format, laptop resolution, etc. Its simple... any/all medias played with version 3, if there is a black bar the subtitles appear on the black bar. And any/all medias played with version 5, if there is a black bar the subtitles appear on the movie.

Just play any video with subtitle and black bar, if there is no black bar then choose any aspect ratio, and play with version 3 and 5, you will see subtitles appear on the movie in version 5 and on the black bar in the version 3.

I forgot to mention, I mean soft coded or external subtitles.

Regards

Comment

Any update here?

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Please send us some screenshots about this subtitle playback problem. I tested on my side, same movie, same settings on a same computer, the subtitles displaying the same on both Player 5 and Player 3.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

Attached are the screenshots. Sorry, I forgot to mention that when I make the subtitles smaller then subtitles appear on video with player 5, subtitles appear fine with player 3 i.e on black bar.

I keep the subtitles size at the lowest 16. Subtitles still appear the default i.e bigger size. I rightclick on the movie, select subtitle settings and simply click ok and subtitles appear smaller size. This I have to do everytime to watch with smaller subtitles. It seems the subtitles size selection setting doesn't work. If I select size 16 then subtitles should appear in that size but subtitles still appear the default size.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the information. I can reproduce the problem now. Our developers will look into it ASAP.

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

Hi. good to know. Thanks.

Comment

UPDATE: This subtitle size problem is fixed in next build. Please update when new version is available to try again.

Mona

Comment

Latest fab player, subtitle still appears on video.
                    Last edited by khanyash; 05-03-2018, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ya5hkh4n View Post
                      Latest fab player, subtitle still appears on video.
                      I will check again and get back to you.

Mona

Comment

Latest fab player 5013, subtitle still appears on video. I have uninstalled fab 5, doesn't match up to fab 3. I am back to fab 3.

Comment

Latest fab player 5013, subtitle still appears on video. I have uninstalled fab 5, doesn't match up to fab 3. I am back to fab 3.
                          Thank you for the update, I will have the developers check again.

Mona

Comment

Latest fab player 5020, subtitle still appears on the video.

I think there should be an option to position and move the subtitle. I am trying a media player. It has an option to position the subtitle on top or bottom of the video and move it up, down, right and left. For ex- I am watching a video and it has the black bars. The external subtitle is displaying on the video. I can display the subtitle on the black bars by pressing the hotkey combination i.e suppose the hotkey combination to move the subtitle down is ctrl + d, I can hold ctrl and press d to move the subtitle down, press d again to move it down more, press d again to move it down more..........

Similarly the player has the hotkey combination for increasing/decreasing the subtitle font size. Fab player's lowest subtitle font size is 16 and the subtitle font is bigger than normal on 16 too.

You should add such options in Fab player to improve the usability and enhance the player.
                            Last edited by khanyash; 10-09-2018, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Latest fab player 5020, subtitle still appears on the video.

I think there should be an option to position and move the subtitle. I am trying a media player. It has an option to position the subtitle on top or bottom of the video and move it up, down, right and left. For ex- I am watching a video and it has the black bars. The external subtitle is displaying on the video. I can display the subtitle on the black bars by pressing the hotkey combination i.e suppose the hotkey combination to move the subtitle down is ctrl + d, I can hold ctrl and press d to move the subtitle down, press d again to move it down more, press d again to move it down more..........

Similarly the player has the hotkey combination for increasing/decreasing the subtitle font size. Fab player's lowest subtitle font size is 16 and the subtitle font is bigger than normal on 16 too.

You should add such options in Fab player to improve the usability and enhance the player.
                              I will pass this as a feature request to our product manager. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Working...
                              X