Please add the ability to play UHD on 1080/1200 screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add the ability to play UHD on 1080/1200 screens

Right now I don't have a UHD computer monitor but I still like to check my backups before saving them. Trying to play a UHD title with FabPlayer gives me an error that my hardware configuration doesn't support UHD which I'm assuming is because my monitor is only 1200. So right now I'm using another player that allows UHD playback on my monitor but it plays the movie only. I'd like to be able to check the menus as well using FabPlayer before I commit it to disc.

Are there any plans on allowing UHD playback on 1080/1200 displays in the foreseeable future?

Hello Diaboyos,

I have forwarded your message to the developers.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Thx!

Comment

There must be something else. I can play my UHD backups on multiple computers with DVDFAB player on multiple 1080p monitors without any error.

Comment

Anyone else have any ideas on this? Apparently it can be done but for some reason I can't get it to work. I just get an error message that my hardware configuration doesn't support 4K decoding.
          Using an i7-4771, 1060 SSC on Windows 7 and a 1200p monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post
            Anyone else have any ideas on this? Apparently it can be done but for some reason I can't get it to work. I just get an error message that my hardware configuration doesn't support 4K decoding.
            Using an i7-4771, 1060 SSC on Windows 7 and a 1200p monitor.
            Hello,

Please use the "Analyze Hardware" feature under the Settings>Video Window of Player 5 and send us the result.

Also, please post the log file of Player 5.

Regards,
            Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              Please use the "Analyze Hardware" feature under the Settings>Video Window of Player 5 and send us the result.

Also, please post the log file of Player 5.
              Here are screens of the Analyze Hardware results and the error that I get when trying to play anything 4K as well as the players log. Thx!
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Diaboyos,

Thank you for the update.

I can play my UHD backups on multiple computers with DVDFAB player on multiple 1080p monitors without any error.
                Are those multiple computers that supports 4K hardware decoding also Windows 7 system, with the latest version of DVDFab Player 5008?

Regards,
                Mona

Comment

Windows 10 on newest version.

Comment

Hello,

Windows 7 doesn't support HDR, we will improve it. Please use Windows 10 for now.

Regards,
                    Mona

Comment

So HDR support is required for 4K playback even if the title doesn't have HDR? Because I've tried 4K movies that don't have HDR and they don't play either. Which would mean Windows 7 isn't supported at all for UHD and it didn't say that when I bought it. But somehow it got sidetracked, I don't care about HDR support on the PC anyway I would just like it to be able to play on a 1080/1200p screen like other players already can. If they can play 4K on my PC with a 1200p screen using Windows 7 why can't Fab?

Comment

Hello Diaboyos,

I can understand your concern. We are trying to add the HDR and 4K UHD support for DVDFab Player 5 on Windows 7 system, and we need some time to implement it. Thank you for your support.

Regards,
                        Mona

Comment

UPDATE

It's supported since v5.0.1.2, please update to the latest Player 5 version to have a try.

Regards,
                          Mona

Comment

Thx! I went from 5.1.1.1 to 5.1.1.4 and now it works fine. I tried several different UHD discs and they all worked with no issues.

Comment

Working...
                            X