No announcement yet.

No DTS-HD High Resolution audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just downloaded the trial version, looking for a decent 4K player that supports audio passthrough to my Atmos Amplifier, as it stands this player does NOT work. The option for TRUE HD is Greyed out (is that because I am on a trial version?) The passthrough dowa not work for DTS even though it is turned on, I get no red light on my AMP saying DTS, but if use PowerDVD the light comes on when playing DTS capable files.

I have quite a few other small issues with the player which I will post about in a new thread, and considering the price this software should be damn near perfect.

Comment

I have just downloaded the trial version, looking for a decent 4K player that supports audio pass-through to my Atmos Amplifier, as it stands this player does NOT work. The option for TRUE HD is Greyed out (is that because I am on a trial version?) The pass-through does not work for DTS even though it is turned on, I get no red light on my AMP saying DTS, but if use PowerDVD the light comes on when playing DTS capable files.

I have quite a few other small issues with the player which I will post about in a new thread, and considering the price this software should be damn near perfect.
      Attached Files

Comment

Because we don't have a forum moderation:

1. You posted your different issue twice.

2. Your different newbie issue is offtopic here.

This topic is about "No DTS-HD High Resolution audio":

There is a new DTS-version around. Certified DTS-HD equipment still passtrough DTS-HD HR correctly with the new DTS-version, like PowerDVD. While uncertified DTS-HD players, like DVDFab Media Player, don't. Until they fix it.

Comment

I posted here in a reply to your thread about DTS AUDIO not passing through, my 2nd post here was because the 1st post disappeared, as you can see, 4 min utes later, due to the way this forum works during moderation!
          Just because I am new here do not assume that I am a "Newbie", I have been in the IT industry for over 25 years and own my own IT company! I am also a certified sound engineer and I am MS certified partner.
          Just because you don't like me posting on your thread, you don't have to an idiot about it!

Comment

Originally posted by skpManiac
            I posted here in a reply to your thread about DTS AUDIO not passing through
            No, you posted here a reply in my thread about DTS-HD High Resolution audio not passing through. Just look at the topic.

But now, that LAVFilters 0.72 has been released, maybe Fab can fix it, too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lav.png
Views:	444
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	356001

Comment

Any news on this bug reported three months ago?

Comment

Tested version 5.0.1.8, there is still NO AUDIO in format DTS-HD High Resolution. :-(

Comment

Agree, doesn't work for me either. Player has a long way to go.

Comment

Hi All,

About the "No DTS-HD High Resolution" problem,
                    1. Please update to the latest DVDFab Player v5.0.1.9 to try again, be sure to adjust the audio settings to see if it will make a difference.
                    2. If still no sound, please zip the whole DVDFab Player 5 log folder and post it here.
                    3. Please specify the source you try, and if possible, please send us a short video to help check the problem.
                    4. Please tell us the audio settings too.

Thanks.

Regards,
                    Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona
                      About the "No DTS-HD High Resolution" problem
                      Are we beginning from scratch now?? After I alreyd posted and mailed you all the informations Five Months Ago?

1. Please update to the latest DVDFab Player v5.0.1.9 to try again, be sure to adjust the audio settings to see if it will make a difference.
                      The latest DVDFab Player is v5.0.2.0.

And it doesn't work.

3. Please specify the source you try, and if possible, please send us a short video to help check the problem.
                      Every DTS-HD High Resolution audio track from any Blu-ray.

4. Please tell us the audio settings too.
                      HDMI WASAPI passthrough.

With HDMI DIRECTSOUND selected, your buggy sound section does not even allow to check TrueHD/DTS-HD capable receiver.

Comment

Ditto Gorba8.9. All same for me. No Atmos Tracks either. Powerdvd converts these to Multi-Channel Audio. DVDFab, no sound at all.
                        Last edited by acemt; 09-12-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Oh no i didn't see this post dam, I started a post with the same problems

you don't get any not any hi end sound no dts x no dolby atmos

no dts master or dolby true hd just plain old stereo when using

pass-through.. if i use powerdvd 15 then all audio formats work

using pass-through and my receiver Marantz 6011 with 7.2.4

atmos set up

the video part is spot on playing 4K uhd blu--ray rips beautifully

what i can't do with powerdvd 15.... I'm glad i didn't buy DVDFab

player just yet I'm just using the trial download

Comment

Originally posted by acemt
                            No Atmos Tracks either. Powerdvd converts these to Multi-Channel Audio. DVDFab, no sound at all.
                            Dolby Atmos is either based on Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby TrueHD. There is no problem in Fab Player with both variants.

Comment

Originally posted by pronto1st
                              you don't get any not any hi end sound no dts x no dolby atmos
                              no dts master or dolby true hd just plain old stereo when using
                              pass-through.. if i use powerdvd 15 then all audio formats work
                              using pass-through and my receiver Marantz 6011 with 7.2.4
                              atmos set up
                              No, there is no HD sound with Output Device: DirectSound, the TrueHD/DTS-HD option is grayed out. Audio output then is only the Dolby Digital resp. DTS core. Since the Windows 10 sound settings show a Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD capable AV-Receiver, I guess this is a bug in Fab Player.

But try Output Device: WASAPI, the TrueHD/DTS-HD optionis accessible then. And Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD Master Audio work, including Atmos and DTS:X.

I'm repeating myself: the only HD sound format that does not work is DTS-HD High Resolution, if you have any new AV-Receiver, or an earlier AV-Receiver with a firmware update including the latest DTS version. This is a bug in Fab Player.

Comment

@gorba8.9

DirectSound doesn't support TrueHD output, so the option is grayed out.

As for the problem of "NO AUDIO in format DTS-HD High Resolution", we've tested again with the latest DVDFab Player, and we could not reproduce it. (we didn't test with "Denon X3200W, a 2015 model").

So, please do zip the latest DVDFab Player 5 log folder and send it to us. Thank you. Click image for larger version  Name:	DTS-HD HR audio.png Views:	1 Size:	539.5 KB ID:	359615

Comment

Working...
                                X