X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually about DVDFab Player 5.0.1.0...

"New: Added the 3D playback support for 3D Blu-rays."

Thank you! I'm very excited!

Yes it works fine, it did crash once but I am not sure why that happened. It didnt happen again and I have been using it all day
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Yes, 3D works! A very cool feature, and a promising start! I really like it.

But sadly on my oldish laptop the playback is not smooth. A lot of stutter.

It doesn't seem to be a performance issue, though. The CPUs are "only" about 30 - 50% (varying Blu-ray 3D ISOs ), and the GPU about 5%.

Comment

Originally posted by gorba8.9 View Post
        Yes, 3D works! A very cool feature, and a promising start! I really like it.

But sadly on my oldish laptop the playback is not smooth. A lot of stutter.

It doesn't seem to be a performance issue, though. The CPUs are "only" about 30 - 50% (varying Blu-ray 3D ISOs ), and the GPU about 5%.
        Please post the detailed specs info of your PC.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	118
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	353332

It's just the oldish Laptop. It has HDMI 1.4 so I gave it a try, Haswell generation, integrated HD Graphics 4400, Windows 10 64bit.

Do not be hasty, would first like to test with the PC next weekend (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti, HDMI 2.0b).

Comment

Name:	3D.png
Views:	65
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	353437

Comment

Hi gorba8.9,

Are those Blu-ray 3D ISOs saved on local hard drive or on NAS/SAMBA?
              When you playback the ISOs did you perform other operation like converting used DVDFab 10?
              Any attempt to read or write to the current path where the ISOs saved?

Mona

Comment

Are those Blu-ray 3D ISOs saved on local hard drive or on NAS/SAMBA?
                When you playback the ISOs did you perform other operation like converting used DVDFab 10?
                Any attempt to read or write to the current path where the ISOs saved?
                Mona, it's not that kind of problem.

The cloned BD-3D ISOs (eg Thor: Ragnarok, Justice League, Blade Runner 2049) are on a USB3 hard drive. No other programs are running. A pure, clean playability test.

And btw it's no HDMI cable issue either...

Usually the nvidia mobile is disabled, no need for it. With only Intel IGD, the 3D-ISOs play, but with a lot of stutter.

With nvidia mobile enabled, it's worse, Fab Player always instantly crashes, as soon as you switch to full-screen.

So back to the Intel HD graphics... Beside the heavy stutter:

- eg Blade Runner 2049 3D: if you click anywhere on the time bar, Fab Player instantly returns to the main menu instead.
                - eg Thor: Ragnarok 3D: when watching the movie, Fab Player constantly displays the java chapter selection graphics over the movie.

This is the Laptop. Like said will test with the PC next weekend.

Comment

On the PC, with Nvidia Pascal, and HDMI 2 chain: 3D plays smooth. Well done! Thank you for implenting this new feature! I really love it.

But maybe you could still optimize it for other hardware:

There's no reason why it shouldn't play smooth on the Laptop (specs see above).

Kodi-MVC plays 3D perfectly smooth on this Laptop. Without menus, because it is still based on 17.6. But we know menu support is in Kodi 18 with libbluray.

Name:	3D-cropped.png
Views:	107
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	353723

There are still issues, though. Eg if you have HDR enabled, and start a 3D film, the whole screen flashes like a stroboscope so that you fear it will ruin your TV, or your eyes, or both.

And the menu playability issues mentioned above, with Balde Runner 2049, or Thor: Ragnarok. Java issues I guess.

Or Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, a 2D/3D disc. It starts in 2D, but doesn't switch to 3D if you select to play the 3D version from the menu.

Comment

Working...
                  X