missing auto switch resolution for 3D Bluray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing auto switch resolution for 3D Bluray

Hello. Thanks for this awesome software. I would like to draw developers attention to a missing feature of this player.
    in detail: I have a 4K projector connected to my PC. The entire chain is HDMI 2.0. Projector is also 3D capable. I am using GTX1060 with Windows 8.1 (and Windows 10 for testing purpose). My default display resolution is at 2160p. At this resolution, the player auto-detects HDR capability and there are zero issues with UHD blurays.

However, when I play a bluray ISO, I get anaglyphic output, there is no such thing as 2160p resolution for 3D. The FAB player detects my display as not HDMI 1.4 compatible, eventhough HDMI 2.0 is backward compatible. Every other piece of software that I have used (Powerdvd 14,15,16,17 and MPC) can output frame packed 3D by automatically changing the display resolution to 1080p while playing 3D ISO, and switching it back to 2160p when playback ends.

If I manually switch my system's resolution to 1080p, the FAB player detects my display as 3D compatible and shows beautiful frame packed 3D picture.

So, the only last missing piece of feature that prevents me from using FAB player on a routine basis is its inability to switch display resolution to be both UHD and 3D compatible without user intervention. As I previously mentioned, PowerDVD and MPC (using madVR) is able to do this easily.

Hi vj950

I have reported it to the developers. Thank you for your feedback.

Mona

Comment

any new on auto switching for 3d ??? would also be great for system to switch to 24hz for bluray playback

Comment

Originally posted by Chris0079 View Post
        any new on auto switching for 3d ??? would also be great for system to switch to 24hz for bluray playback
        Some more time is needed, please kindly wait, thanks.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Well it’s been a year just wondered how much more time is required to enable auto switch to 24hz for Blu-ray playback ??

Comment

Working...
          X