The Last Jedi UHD playback problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Jedi UHD playback problem

When playing the UHD iso of The Last Jedi with DVDFab Player 5.0.1.4, at around the 3 minute mark I lose audio and the player becomes unresponsive. I have tried playing this several times with the same error. I can play the same iso with PowerDVD 17 and 18 with no problems.

Hi,

Do you have the original UHD disc of The Last Jedi? Can it play well with Player 5.0.1.4?
    Do you try other UHD iso? Same problem?
    Please post the Player 5 log file here. Thanks.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Yes I have the original disc, but I can't play that either. I am using the Pioneer BDR-211UBK and when I play it I get an error message that I need to us an UHD "friendly" drive. I have played all other UHD isos without a problem using DVDFab Player 5.0.1.4. I don't have access to the log file now but I will post it as soon as possible.

Comment

Hi gomno,

We are unable to reproduce this problem, the iso could be the problem, from where did you download it (please PM me a download url) , meanwhile please update to Player 5.0.1.5 to try again. Thanks.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

I updated to Player 5.0.1.5 and had the same error. I rolled back to Player 5.0.1.3 and was able to play the UHD iso without any problem (except for a random chapter selection graphic popup). I created the iso from the original UHD disc of The Last Jedi using the copy/clone mode of DVDFab 10 (x64), it was not downloaded. So I don't think the iso is the problem since as stated previously I can play it with PowerDVD and earlier versions of DVDFab Media Player. I have attached the log file:

xdisc_2018-06-28.log
          Attached Files
          Last edited by gomno; 06-29-2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

It's been over two weeks now, are there any updates or solutions for this?

Comment

Hi gomno,

The developers are checking it now, please kindly wait. Thanks.

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

Just tried Player 5.0.1.7 and have the same problem with playback. Still sticking with 5.0.1.3. I wish this problem would be fixed. I am using DVDFab as an external player with Kodi for UHD iso playback which I can't get PowerDVD to do. Also, DVDFab has far superior HDR to SDR conversion if using a non-HDR capable display.

Comment

Hi gomno,

The problem will be fixed, the developers need time to check it, we will keep you updated.

Mona

Comment

Working...
                  X