• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

play UHD-BD with computer

Dear Mona one can with a friendly drive and DVDFab Player5
    Simply play UHD-BDs, or you also need a mandatory
    Kaby Lake processor

Can I join? What hardware do I need to play original UHD discs with DVDFab Player 5?

Comment

Hello,

Here is part of the requirement info:

UHD Playback
      To play back 4K UHD videos, your GPU is required to be capable of H.265 (HEVC) and UHD (4K) hardware decoding. The known GPUs capable of doing this include:

From NVidia: Maxwell GM206 series including GeForce GTX 750 SE, GTX 950, GTX 960 and above, all the Pascal series.
      From Intel: 5th generation Intel Core Processors with HD graphics 5500, HD graphics 6000, Iris graphics 6100 and above.
      From AMD: GCN 4th generation Polaris Discrete GPU RX 480 / RX 470 / RX 460 and above.

For more details, please check the Tech Specs tab on this page: https://www.dvdfab.cn/media-player.h...ckID=headmenu2

Mona

Comment

I still don't get it. People here are talking about "friendly" drive. Pioneer BDR-211UBK is friendly enough?

Comment

Hi,

Please check the supported drive list here. NOTE: Not all the firmware can support the UHD discs.

4K UHD drives are needed when it comes to reading UHD discs before backups. Typical drives are LibreDrive and LG BE16NU50. This post tells you more than that.

For downgrading the firmware, please visit to https://club.myce.com/t/dosflash-v2-...-drives/399911

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X