what no dolby atmos or dts x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what no dolby atmos or dts x

while waiting for my DVDFab movie server to be delivered (not heard nothing since purchase ) I thought I would try out DVDFab media player

after downloading it I set up the player to output HDMI passthrough to my Marantz 6011 and started to play a 4k uhd Blu-ray (rip)

the player was great with the video smooth playback /menus / but the audio was only stereo, so I tried another rip of a standard Blu-ray

that had DTS master 7.1 and again the audio was only stereo. I then tried that standard Blu-ray in POWER DVD 15 (which is my default player)

and that passed through the audio with full DTS master 7.1 ….. so in the trial version of DVDFab media player is audio output

restricted ?or does it JUST NOT work period

Hi,

When you get this no audio problem, please take a screenshot of the Audio Settings window of DVDFab Player 5 and show us.

Please zip the whole DVDFab Player 5 log and post it here.

Also, please specify the movie you were trying to playback, give us the url where you purchased the movie disc.
    You mentioned that you rip it, please list the steps how you created the copy too. (If you use DVDFab created the copy, please send us the dvdfab_internal.log file)

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab Player 5 SCREENSHOT2.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	359573

Hello Mona

I've attached the couple of items. fill yer boots
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pronto1st; 09-18-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

oops something happened with screen shot here is a better one

Comment

pronto1st

Thank you for the info.

Below are from the devs:
          From the log file, you chose DirectSound as device, you need to change it to WASAPI and its related HDMI device.
          You can see from the two images attached for what dataformat the devices support:

Name:	directsound.png
Views:	364
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	359612

Name:	wasapi.png
Views:	346
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	359613

DirectSound doesn't support HD output.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

thanks Mona that worked, we are cooking with gas now WINNER

mabey Dvdfab player should have a description of what tab/button does when you hover your curser over them....

Comment

Working...
            X