Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support to allow Kodi to use Player 5

Hello,

You wrote that in version 5.0.1.8, you added the support to allow Kodi to use Player 5 to play the contents in its media library.

I tested the version 5.0.2.0 on a Windows 10 PC installed with Kodi 18 and Emby client (the latest versions on both). In EMBY, you can setup parameters for an external player, and in Kodi, you can create a file playercorefactory.xml to setup an external player. I have tried everything with some parameters, but the only possibility that i was able to run (in both applications) is to open automatically the DVDFab Plaver. I never can play the video file (ISO, MKV, AVI, MP4, etc.). The player just show a big + in a blue window and nothing happens.
    I have search hours on Google to try to find something about command lines or parameters to drive the DVDFab Player as external Player. Where can I find something about this parameters ? What do you mean with " added the support to allow Kodi to use Player 5 to play the contents in its media library" ?

Thank you

Originally posted by Mophi View Post
    Hello,

You wrote that in version 5.0.1.8, you added the support to allow Kodi to use Player 5 to play the contents in its media library.

I tested the version 5.0.2.0 on a Windows 10 PC installed with Kodi 18 and Emby client (the latest versions on both). In EMBY, you can setup parameters for an external player, and in Kodi, you can create a file playercorefactory.xml to setup an external player. I have tried everything with some parameters, but the only possibility that i was able to run (in both applications) is to open automatically the DVDFab Plaver. I never can play the video file (ISO, MKV, AVI, MP4, etc.). The player just show a big + in a blue window and nothing happens.
    I have search hours on Google to try to find something about command lines or parameters to drive the DVDFab Player as external Player. Where can I find something about this parameters ? What do you mean with " added the support to allow Kodi to use Player 5 to play the contents in its media library" ?

Thank you
    Hi Mophi, we will try to reproduce the problem and get back to you.

Comment

Hello, we could not reproduce the problem, please send us the playercorefactory.xml file to help check it out. Thank you.

Comment

Hello Mona,
        My KODI 18 (Beta 5) playercorefactory.xml is this (basic) one:

<playercorefactory>
        <players>
        <player name="DVDFab" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
        <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Player 5\DVDFab Player 5.exe</filename>
        <args></args>
        <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
        <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
        <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
        </player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
        <rule filetypes="bd|ifo|bdmv|mpls|iso" player="DVDFab"/>
        </rules>
        </playercorefactory>

But, after few more tests, I found this problem:

All my video files (ISO Blu-ray rips) are on a NAS. I can select them in KODI because I added a NFS share to my NAS in KODI. From KODI, if I launch an ISO file from the NAS, its open DVDFab Media Player but does not play the file. It is written "No dic founf in your optical drive (by the way, I have no optical drive on this NUC PC).

Now, if i copy some ISO files locally on my NUC PC (installed with KODI and DVDFab Media Player), if I launch the locally ISO files, its open DVDFab and after few seconds, it plays my file. So, in this case, it works !

But, all my files are on the NAS and I Don't want to copy hundreds of ISO files locally on the NUC PC…..

Thank you for a solution with NAS files.

(By the way, I made the same tests with a mapped Nerkwork drive to the NAS, but it did not work either)

Comment

Thank you for the update, we will check and get back to you.

Comment

UPDATE: we double check with the info you provided, we could not reproduce the problem. Please update to the latest version of DVDFab Player 5 to try again. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X