Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No automatic switching to HDR

Hey Everyone!

I'm on windows 10 and I have a Nvidia GTX 1070. I use DVD Fab Player 5.0.2.3 and Media Player 3.2.0.1

When I play a UHD Bluray the screen doesn't switch to HDR automaticly. HDR is set to Auto in both players. Hardware analyzing shows HDR: Nvidia.

HDR only works if I activate it in windows. A few people told me that media player 3 definitely should switch automaticly.

how can I fix that?

What is the build version of your Windows 10?
    What is the resolution of your PC?
    What is the movie you try to playback, please specify.
    Please attach the screenshot of the hardware analyze result. Also zip the entire DVDFab Player 5 log folder and post it here.

Below are quoted from the specs page of Player 5: https://www.dvdfab.cn/media-player.h...ckID=headmenu2

Required Settings

OS Settings

Enable HDR option: Control Panel > System > Display > HDR and advanced color

Tip: this option is not available to Windows 10, with builds under 1705.

Play 5 Settings

To play back 4K HDR contents, please enable the HDR Mode at Settings > Video > HDR Mode

Choose Auto (recommended): if your hardware and display monitor support HDR output, then DVDFab Player 5 will output HDR image, otherwise, it will output SDR image.

Choose HDR -> SDR: DVDFab Player 5 will output SDR image

Earlier Windows 10 builds

Despite earlier Windows 10 builds (under 1705) do not have an HDR option, users still can get HDR support via NVidia video cards, in that case, please also upgrade to the latest NVidia drivers.

Comment

Working...
    X