3D MVC and Dolby Vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D MVC and Dolby Vision

I require a bit of assistance. I cannot figure out how to make DVDFab media player 5.x play 3D MVC or Dolby Vision. Please tell me how to configure to correctly do so. Thanks in advance.

Below is quoted from the tech specs page of DVDFab Player 5:
    Software Environment

Drivers: upgrade the video card drivers to the latest.

How to check Windows information: Control Panel > System > About

Required Settings

OS Settings

Enable HDR option: Control Panel > System > Display > HDR and advanced color

Tip: this option is not available to Windows 10, with builds under 1705.

Play 5 Settings

To play back 4K HDR contents, please enable the HDR Mode at Settings > Video > HDR Mode

Choose Auto (recommended): if your hardware and display monitor support HDR output, then DVDFab Player 5 will output HDR image, otherwise, it will output SDR image.

Choose HDR -> SDR: DVDFab Player 5 will output SDR image

Earlier Windows 10 builds

Despite earlier Windows 10 builds (under 1705) do not have an HDR option, users still can get HDR support via NVidia video cards, in that case, please also upgrade to the latest NVidia drivers.

UHD Playback

To play back 4K UHD videos, your GPU is required to be capable of H.265 (HEVC) and UHD (4K) hardware decoding. The known GPUs capable of doing this include:

From NVidia: Maxwell GM206 series including GeForce GTX 750 SE, GTX 950, GTX 960 and above, all the Pascal series.

From Intel: 5th generation Intel Core Processors with HD graphics 5500, HD graphics 6000, Iris graphics 6100 and above.

From AMD: GCN 4th generation Polaris Discrete GPU RX 480 / RX 470 / RX 460 and above.

Hardware Requirements for Blu-ray 3D Playback

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 and AMD Radeon HD 6800 series or above, or 2nd generation Intel Core processors or above.

3D Display: HDMI 1.4 enabled 3DTVs,120Hz Frame-sequential 3D LCDs, 3D Polarizer LCDs or 3D Ready HDTVs (DLP).

3D Glasses: Active shutter glasses (NVIDIA 3D Vision Kit), Polarized glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona
      OS Settings

Enable HDR option: Control Panel > System > Display > HDR and advanced color

Play 5 Settings

To play back 4K HDR contents, please enable the HDR Mode at Settings > Video > HDR Mode

UHD Playback

To play back 4K UHD videos, your GPU is required to be capable of H.265 (HEVC) and UHD (4K) hardware decoding.
      That's all? Then your Player will output proprietary dynamic 12bit Dolby Vision? And not just static 10bit HDR? Good to know, Mona.

Comment

Mona, where in your post do you address my questions about specifically Dolby Vision and 3D MVC?

Comment

Originally posted by mlknez View Post
          I require a bit of assistance. I cannot figure out how to make DVDFab media player 5.x play 3D MVC or Dolby Vision. Please tell me how to configure to correctly do so. Thanks in advance.
          1. Dolby Vision is not supported.
          2. For 3D MVC, there is a 3D Display option in Settings window. See image attached and enable the two options.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	3D playback.png
Views:	355
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	364245

Comment

About a year ago, I asked about support for dolby vision and you stated that it would be available shortly. I was thinking within a quarter of a year. What is the current timeframe for dolby vision playback?

Comment

Working...
            X