Dolby Atmos for Headphone Compatiblity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolby Atmos for Headphone Compatiblity

Are there any plans to allow Dolby Atmos for headphone compatibility? As I understand it, when Dolby Atmos content is played and Dolby Atmos is selected as the spatial sound format in Windows Settings, it just plays the 7.1 TrueHD track. It would be nice if it could actually output the Atmos to take advantage of the Windows integration of it.

Actually you do not need the Dolby Atmos for headphones because its explicit for headphones and when you select Passthrough with WASAPI the Audio Signal gets directly delivered by HDMI or Displayport. You have to make sure that your HDMI or Displayport cable is good enough to deliver that sort of sound quality and that the recieving device like a soundbar does aswell.

Sadly, because of strange bug within Windows it auto selects 7.1 instead of Atmos on startup (you will have to change to Atmos each time on startup). Check your sound settings via HDMI. The media player successfully delivers Atmos when all other devices and cables are supporting Atmos. But first you have to configure the audio device like the HDMI Graphics card in the Windows settings for Dolby Atmos. Maybe it isn't even necessary when you select Passthrough WASAPI, but I am not sure yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Walpurgis View Post
      Actually you do not need the Dolby Atmos for headphones because its explicit for headphones and when you select Passthrough with WASAPI the Audio Signal gets directly delivered by HDMI or Displayport. You have to make sure that your HDMI or Displayport cable is good enough to deliver that sort of sound quality and that the recieving device like a soundbar does aswell.

Sadly, because of strange bug within Windows it auto selects 7.1 instead of Atmos on startup (you will have to change to Atmos each time on startup). Check your sound settings via HDMI. The media player successfully delivers Atmos when all other devices and cables are supporting Atmos. But first you have to configure the audio device like the HDMI Graphics card in the Windows settings for Dolby Atmos. Maybe it isn't even necessary when you select Passthrough WASAPI, but I am not sure yet.
      I am actually using headphones in this use case on the machine itself. I can get Atmos over HDMI fine.

Comment

Working...
      X