Screen compatible with HDR video, but DVDFab still downconverts to SDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen compatible with HDR video, but DVDFab still downconverts to SDR

I can stream HDR video on my laptop and it works fine on Netflix in HDR. But DVDFab doesn't recognize it and converts HDR to SDR.
    Last edited by 0tr; 09-24-2019, 08:02 AM.

As far I can tell if you select the Windows 10 HDR mode then the picture gets delivered in HDR to the TV. My TV detects the signal from the PC and the dvdfab media player as an HDR Signal. Tho you have to set the display settings in the graphic cards system menu regarding the color to 10bit to get the effect. The Media Player software activates HDR automaticly when an UHD Disc or ISO file is played via the graphics software like the one of AMD or NVIDIA (the screen goes black for a second). So even if HDR is deativated on Windows. So it works both ways. Tho be sure to set the Display to either 60hz with 4:2:2 10bit color or 12bit if your TV has a 12bit dolby Vision panel.

Yours Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by 0tr View Post
      I can stream HDR video on my laptop and it works fine on Netflix in HDR. But DVDFab doesn't recognize it and converts HDR to SDR.
      https://i.imgur.com/5l1H5ch.png
      thats the wrong HDR toggle you want this one and if you dont have it your display is not HDR it just tonemaps
      Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Edit:
      just looked again your display is not HDR it says no for apps and games it just uses the GPU to tonemap thats all that setting does
      Last edited by steavedaguru; 09-25-2019, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by steavedaguru View Post

just looked again your display is not HDR it says no for apps and games it just uses the GPU to tonemap thats all that setting does
        No, it is certified HDR. Any internal HDR display will say no for apps and games, yet Netflix recognizes and plays in HDR, confirmed by a JETI Specbos.

Comment

my HDR display shows yes for apps and games https://imgur.com/dWtMVmL
          the only reason it shows no for streaming is because im have a surround sound receiver that does not support hdcp 2.2 hooked up if i disconnect it, it shows yes for all

Comment

Originally posted by 0tr View Post
            No, it is certified HDR. Any internal HDR display will say no for apps and games, yet Netflix recognizes and plays in HDR, confirmed by a JETI Specbos.
            Please start up DVDFab Player 5, go to PC mode>Settings>Video section, and use the "Analyze Hardware" button to run the analyze, check and make sure that HDR shows as YES.

When HDR is YES, be sure that under Settings>Video>HDR Mode, Auto is ticked for Enable HDR, then you shall have HDR for playback in DVDFab Player 5.

Comment

Working...
            X