Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback and critic regarding the DVD Fab Media Player 6

Hey guys,

first I want to thanks Mona and the the team for their great support the gave me over the last months. Together we could fix several issues with original Star Wars UHD Blu Ray movies and they added the support of a korean UHD movie within 24 hours.

All in all I am really happy about the way the dvd fab media player 6 works. I use my PC with a optical hdmi cable to get a stable 10m 4k HDR signal to my soundbar and TV, which are both Samsung.

When setting the NVIDIA HDMI output to 7.1 with highest bitrate and the same in the players setting with WASAPI 7.1 passthrough I get stable ATMOS, DTS:X 4K HDR support while using the huedynamics software with my hue play lamps for calculated backlight behind the TV, which is by far superior to the new hue sync box because it adapts to the movies lights/colors in lamps area and do not shine in the same color. Actually this software by DVD Fab combines everything I need and it isn't functional with INTEL only, therefor it supports AMD, INTEL and NVIDIA rigs. Furthermore there is no limitation for things like ambilight software, which is great!

Let me say that 95% of my Blu Rays and 80% of my UHD Blu Rays work fine with my two LG blu ray drives on the PC, while the picture and audio output is on the soundbar plus TV.

Why only 95% and 80%?
    ... one issue is that the menu building and response are still a bit buggy, so that sometimes no menus appear or quite late, mostly I set the media player to direct play, which is actually the thing I am really interested in. It skips everything right to the movie and this seems to work without a problem.
    ... the second issue is that some UHD movies react strange: Gladiator has a crash problem which hasn't been fixed and Robin Hood (2016) stutters or hangs in certain scenes. Alita battle angel has a large lag at beginning of the movie which sometimes results in a crash when using the english dolby atmos soundlayer, so you have to skip the first part of the movie. As far as I can tell the team is working on all of the three issues. So sometimes it's a bit of work to get these systems running and not all movies will work 100% at first, so be patient. BTW even 4k UHD HFR blu rays seem to work.

What I would really like in future?

Ofcourse more stability and ...
    Dolby Vision and HDR10+ support (because these formats grow more important every month due to the amount of content).
    Sync to the FPS of the movie is not a must have but would be nice, because right now there is no issue with that on my rig, as far as I can tell.
    Better sorting of the movies in the new library would be great aswell (dual entry issue).

I want to thank Mona and her team for the great work so far and I hope that some fixes und features will be added in future!

EDIT: Atlita Battle Angel got fixed and works now as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Walpurgis View Post
      EDIT: Atlita Battle Angel got fixed and works now as intended.
      Thank you for the update. We've updated the info via email regarding the problems you reported before.
      Just as a record, I post that info here to your thread again.

1. For "Robin Hood 2016", we are still waiting for the movie disc to arrive.
      2. As for "Gladiator", I will push the developer in charge to check it out as soon as possible.

Comment

Update: Gladiator got fixed with 6.0.0.6 and works now as intended.
        The Robin Hood 2016 lag issue is still open.

Great thanks to the team!

Comment

Working...
        X