Issues with UHD .iso files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with UHD .iso files

I am having some issues playing UHD .iso files. Sometimes the video stops for about 5 seconds, then continues. It almost looks like it is buffering. This occurs, no matter how powerful a computer I install on. If I take the same movie and convert to a lossless .mkv container file, the issue goes away. The CPU never gets above 25%, the GPU never above 45%, disk is never above 2% and RAM is never above 30% when playing UHD .iso files. Is there any known fix to this?

BTW, this is a dedicated home theater PC with just windows 10 and very few background processes.

I have a similar problem with actual disc playback, which does not seem to be removed by ripping the disc to the drive.

Weirdly, if I play the movie in "Simple" mode (without menus), I don't seem to get this nearly as much - provided that I don't use the progress bar to skip back in the movie at any point (and if I do it starts happening)...

Comment

i think this is a seamless branching issue i have the same problem on movies with seamless branching on direct uhd playback

Comment

Originally posted by ANDYK48
        mount the iso file with Virtual Clone drive and the problem will be solved
        it happens when playing direct from disc also

Comment

Hello, we will need the hardware analyze result and the whole DVDFab Player log folder to help check this "buffering" issue with UHD iso file or UHD disc.
          Also, please specify the last movie you encounter such issue. Thanks.

Comment

Alien UHD
            Hardware analyze
            Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

that is right after it froze probably once it go to the next movie file
            Attached Files

Comment

so any investigation on this? movies with seamless branching are annoying to watch

Comment

Hi, our developer still need time to inverstigate and improve the playback with 4K source.

Comment

Any Update?

Comment

Working...
                  X