Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaders not working properly?

Hi,

I'm currently using DVDFab Player on a laptop with an external blu-ray drive, and I've noticed that for me the shader effects don't appear to be doing anything.

Specifically, I'm trying to get some form of deinterlacing going, as I have a DVD ("Sam & Max: Freelance Police - The Complete Animated Series") which is heavily interlaced. When I play it using other playback software, this appears to work, but in DVDFab Player the interlacing remains very obvious, and it doesn't seem to make any difference whether I toggle Hardware Acceleration on or off, or what setting I choose in the right-click shader menu.

I guess it may just be down to my hardware (analysis attached), but I'd be grateful for any advice if I'm missing something; it's annoying to have to use a different player to watch this disc. I'm afraid that I don't currently have another computer on which I can test this - my usual desktop computer that I use for watching UHD blu-rays is unavailable to me at the moment.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-04-16 (1).png Views:	0 Size:	18.9 KB ID:	380650

Thanks for your advice!
    Last edited by RLacey; 04-16-2020, 12:44 PM.

During the playback, did you tick the option "Deinterlace"? Please check image attached below.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	deinterlace.png
Views:	385
Size:	649.1 KB
ID:	380675

Comment

Hi Mona,

Yes, I can confirm that I've tried ticking "Deinterlace" - sadly, none of those options seem to do anything to the picture for me...

Comment

Same, none of the shaders have ever done anything for me.

Comment

I will have the QA team check. If there is news or we need other information, I will update here.

Comment

By way of an update, shaders are now all working for me in v 6.1.0.0 - thnk you!

Comment

Working...
            X