X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v 6.1.0.0 - Music Library feedback

Hi,

Since you asked for feedback:

Thank you! While it's still finishing up importing my iTunes library, it's nice to find an alternative bit of software that seems to be able to cope with loading in albums even when iTunes has done something strange with the file locations. I think I might finally be able to junk iTunes, which is great from my perspective.

The layout is clean, which I like.

In an ideal world, I suppose I'd love the following changes:

1) An alternative view for the Albums page that shows albums as a list (like the songs lists) rather than lots of thumbnails. This equally applies to the Videos library, to be honest. Thumbnails are great, but with a large music collection a list can allow me to have a lot more visible on screen at once on my computer.

2) In the "All Songs" tab, I can arrange by album, but when I do it then lists the tracks alphabetically within the list that shows up. It would be great if there was a way to display in track order rather than alphabetical order, or when searching by artist to keep tracks grouped in albums if appropriate.

3) Within albums, it would be nice if there was a way (I might just be missing it) to re-order tracks. I have a couple of albums where the track numbers probably weren't set up correctly, and it's displaying them in alphabetical order - it would be nice to be able to fix this within the player.

4) Currently, if I play an album from the albums page (by clicking the play icon in a green circle over the thumbnail), it only seems to add the first track to the playlist. To play the entire album I seem to need to go into the album and then click the "play" button - this seems a little counterintuitive. It would also be quite nice to have it continue playing the album if I open an album and click on a particular track to start it, rather than just coming to a stop at the end of the track unless I specifically create the playlist.

5) It would be nice to have a way to loop/shuffle playback [EDIT: I've found this option in the menu bar on the right, but it's quite well hidden.]

But generally, this seems a great new feature! Thank you again!
    Last edited by RLacey; 05-01-2020, 01:59 AM.

Hi,

1) An alternative view for the Albums page that shows albums as a list (like the songs lists) rather than lots of thumbnails. This equally applies to the Videos library, to be honest. Thumbnails are great, but with a large music collection a list can allow me to have a lot more visible on screen at once on my computer.
    Yes, the list view is usefull to see more contents in one screen, and it will be added in the future version.

2) In the "All Songs" tab, I can arrange by album, but when I do it then lists the tracks alphabetically within the list that shows up. It would be great if there was a way to display in track order rather than alphabetical order, or when searching by artist to keep tracks grouped in albums if appropriate.
    You can sort it in "Album" view if we added the list view in Album.

To display the music track number in Album also can be added in the future version.

3) Within albums, it would be nice if there was a way (I might just be missing it) to re-order tracks. I have a couple of albums where the track numbers probably weren't set up correctly, and it's displaying them in alphabetical order - it would be nice to be able to fix this within the player.
    Do you want to edit the tags in Player 6 like iTunes?

4) Currently, if I play an album from the albums page (by clicking the play icon in a green circle over the thumbnail), it only seems to add the first track to the playlist. To play the entire album I seem to need to go into the album and then click the "play" button - this seems a little counterintuitive. It would also be quite nice to have it continue playing the album if I open an album and click on a particular track to start it, rather than just coming to a stop at the end of the track unless I specifically create the playlist.
    Sorry for this, but I could not reproduce the problem, all the songs are added to play queue when click "Play" icon from Album view. May you can try it again.

And to continue to playback the other songs in the album, it will be improved in the future version.

Many thanks for your good feedback!

Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Wilson,

The ability to edit tags would be nice - and would fix the issue I was asking about, yes.

The final issue that you couldn't reproduce - it seems to have fixed itself on my computer now. I wonder if it was something to do with the fact that it was still updating the library when I was testing it. Sorry about that!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X