No announcement yet.

VOB folders not being added to movie poster wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Player v6.1.0.8 (Win) VOB folders not being added to movie poster wall

Just bought Player to run on my PC and despite the product page stating "DVDFab Player 6 is distinguished through its full compatibility with all media formats including H.264, H.265/HEVC, MP4, MKV, MOV, FLV, VOB, and M2TS", it does not add any of my old DVD movie folders (using .BUP, .IFO and .VOB files) to the list of movies. In fact, when I try to use the navigation menu to click on a particular DVD folder, it refuses to play the movie. I have to go inside the folder and click a .VOB file to play that portion of the movie. What gives??

Are the DVD files for each title you want to play under a Video_TS folder? If not - try creating a Video_TS folder and moving all the files for the title into that folder. Then try clicking on the title folder under File Explorer in Media Player.

Comment

Seriously? I have over 2500 DVD movies on my PC on four 10TB drives, all of them using the movie title for the individual folder name. Inside each named folder are all the DVD files - VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.BUP, and all the .VOB files. So for each named folder I would have to create a new Video_TS subfolder and move all those files into it? I don't recall the DMS movie server scraper having that problem, neither did Cyberlink's PowerDVD which is what I used to use on my PC.

Apparently Player 6 only detects .ISO and .m2ts files. While it will indeed play a .VOB file if I click on it, that isn't practical playing back a movie with a bunch of 1TB .VOB files. This seems to be a serious drawback to Player 6's usefulness if it can't scrape and play ordinary DVD files on the hard drive, although it does play a DVD movie from the BD drive.

Who can I contact to ask for a refund?

Thanks,
      Dave H

Comment

My intent was to share what I tested with DVD files stored on the computer. Media Player seems able to play a DVD by clicking on the folder name IF the DVD files are in a Video_TS sub-folder as typically found on DVD media. Let's see if DVDFab can solve this issue for you before giving up?

Comment

OK, sorry - didn't mean to jump down your throat but got a little upset that Player won't recognize DVD files on the computer, but will on a DVD disc.

Probably should have stuck with PowerDVD and upgraded to version 21, but I like the poster wall on the Movie Server better than PowerDVD, so I decided to try Player 6. Should have done the free trial before buying it, but I really had no idea that DVD files on the hard drive would be a problem.

Comment

No problem - I sent a message into DVDFab trying to see if anything can be done to address this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH50 View Post
              Just bought Player to run on my PC and despite the product page stating "DVDFab Player 6 is distinguished through its full compatibility with all media formats including H.264, H.265/HEVC, MP4, MKV, MOV, FLV, VOB, and M2TS", it does not add any of my old DVD movie folders (using .BUP, .IFO and .VOB files) to the list of movies. In fact, when I try to use the navigation menu to click on a particular DVD folder, it refuses to play the movie. I have to go inside the folder and click a .VOB file to play that portion of the movie. What gives??
              Hi Dave, sorry that you are having trouble with DVDFab Player. Where are the file saved, local hard drive or Nas? Can you please upload one of the DVD movie folders to our FTP for checking it? Thanks in advance.

Please also send the Player log files, thanks again.

Comment

I gave up trying to transfer a small movie file (2.7GB) as I'm on DSL with 0.5mbps upload. Didn't want to spend 11 hours on FTP transfer..

However I attached the Player 6 log file as requested, thanks. player.log player.log

Comment

Working...
                X