Blu-ray Menu / Navigation issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Menu / Navigation issues

The Blu-ray disc menu & navigation features were the primary reason why I purchased this software. I generally use MPC-HC (with madVR as the renderer), which works extremely well for main-movie backups. That software, however, does not support disc menu & navigation (for BD discs); so, for my full disc backups, I thought that the DVDFab Media Player would be a good choice, as I've been quite pleased with the other DVDFab products that I've used for many, many years now.

Unfortunately, for most of the discs that I've tried (definitely over 50%) , the disc menu & navigation features do not work. Either the menu will not come up at all, or when it does, after selecting an option on the menu, it does not advance to play the selected title/feature/episode (instead it hangs, or just keeps playing the menu's background video). Many of these are not new titles either (several were released 10+ years ago).

Are others having the same issues with the disc menu and navigation features? I'm open to the possibility that there may be something on my system that is contributing to the issues, though I am doubtful of this. If what I'm experiencing, however, is reflective of the current capabilities of the software, then this software should still be in "beta" and not have to be paid for. At this point, I feel like I was ripped off, as the capability that was advertised (and was really the only reason that I purchased it) is just not working.

And to DVDFab support, no, I'm not going to zip up and send information for each title I find that does not work. There are way too many of them. If the software does not support all of these discs that I've had issues with, plus who knows how many more, then it just does not work properly, period, in my opinion.

I would really like to get some feedback from others who've used this software with a number of discs (movies, TV series, etc.) and can comment on how the disc menu & navigation features are working for them. Thanks.

For BDJ menu, to navigate options on the BD menu, you need to use the arrow, Enter keys on your keyboard.

Comment

I have had the same issue. I would estimate that about half of my blu-ray menus work correctly. The rest experience various problems just as you describe

For DVD's, it works almost all the time, with only an occasional failure.

And yes, I understand that you must use the keyboard to navigate on blu-ray. They still fail to work.

Strangely, I own a DVDFAB Media Server. It seems to handle blu-ray menu playback much better than Media Player. Frequently, it will play back menus that consistently fail in the player. I would guess it's success rate is closer to 75%.
      Last edited by tbrown25; 05-28-2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Mona, yes, I understand which keyboard keys need to be used. That is not the issue.

Thanks, tbrown25, for your feedback. It seems that you have experienced the same issues that I have.

Comment

Working...
        X